Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Directors/producers..., ...of videos in Elements DVD...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 29 2008, 18:25

I don't know whether this has been asked before or not. If yes, please point me to where it's been answered... :)

About an hour ago I happened to pick up the Elements DVD, to show the "Pictures in the Dark" video to a friend, and when I went to check out the inlay to find out who directed it, to my dismay I found that no-one is credited - as no-one is credited on any of the other videos. I know for certain that the Wind Chimes longform video was directed by Ian Emes (or Eames), and maybe PitD was by Mike himself, but I have no idea about the others.
So, if anyone knows, may you please quote here the names of the directors (and, if possible, of the producers) of as many videos as possible among the ones included on the Elements DVD?

Thanks in advance. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2008, 16:43

PitD must be Mike himself. If anyone else was involved I fully understand if he/or she wishes to remain un-credited!
In a way it would be appropriate to credit the video computer itself because the video consists of little more than preset effects applied to pictures of Mike and Anita.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2008, 18:17

Quote (larstangmark @ Oct. 30 2008, 22:43)
...applied to pictures of Mike and Anita.

... and of a ten-year-old Aled Jones, I may add. :D Thanks for the bit of info, Lars. I do remember reading about Mike wanting to create that video by himself, and about the video imagery being somehow born before the music... :)

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2008, 16:07

As far as i know it was Mike himself.I remember when it came out and i'm sure i remember seeing Mike talking about it.It was in a way the pre-cursor to The Wind Chimes which was mainly Mike's own work.It's funny watching it now but in 1985 this was cutting edge stuff.Not quite as naff as The Wind Chimes but not far off in a naive sort of way.And it has plenty of the trademark Oldfield scowl/pout thing we've talked about before.Especially the shaking of the head bit.He's no actor!!!Love the song though.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Nov. 03 2008, 01:18

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 30 2008, 00:25)
So, if anyone knows, may you please quote here the names of the directors (and, if possible, of the producers) of as many videos as possible among the ones included on the Elements DVD?

Have a look at the FAQ (2.17) here on tubular.net.

;)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2008, 07:50

@ Maninteherain: thanks a lot. The FAQ, though, do not say anything about the other directors... For example, I'm curious, just to say a couple of titles, about who directed "Moonlight Shadow" and "Innocent" (the non-animated version). Does anyone know? ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Nov. 05 2008, 11:18

Quote (Ugo @ Nov. 03 2008, 13:50)
@ Maninteherain: thanks a lot. The FAQ, though, do not say anything about the other directors... For example, I'm curious, just to say a couple of titles, about who directed "Moonlight Shadow" and "Innocent" (the non-animated version). Does anyone know? ;)

I'm glad you didnĀ“t call me Maninteheran!  :p

Alright, here goes:

In Dulci Jubilo
Dir: Bruce Gowers

Magic Touch
Dir: Alex Proyas

Sentinel
Dir: Danny Kleinman
Prod Co: Limelight

The Bell
Prod: Louise Knight
Dir: Michael Geoghegan
Prod Co: Why Not Films

Let There Be Light
Dir: Howard Greenhalgh
Prod Co: Why Not Films

Let There Be Light (Hardfloor Remix)
Video remixed by James Hyman & Simon Horobin

Hibernaculum
Dir: David Betteridge

;)
Profile PM 
6 replies since Oct. 29 2008, 18:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net