[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Digital single 'Spheres' out March 3rd< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 09:52

Quote (Ebony @ Mar. 08 2008, 09:21)
Quote (Burning Fish @ Mar. 08 2008, 08:39)
Like I said, I got my version from MSN Music UK. I always notice a slight "skip" at 1:33. Anyone else have that too?

I got mine from MSN music and I've noticed the skip.  It's really faint though.  I only picked up on it when I was listening through my earphones cause they're far better than my tiny laptop speakers.

And I buy music from iTunes Store - because I want to. Soon we will get the song in the swedish iTunes Store too. We just have to wait a couple of days more.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2008, 10:29

Quote (Burning Fish @ Mar. 08 2008, 09:39)
Like I said, I got my version from MSN Music UK. I always notice a slight "skip" at 1:33. Anyone else have that too?

I got my copy from 7digital, and I do hear a very, very slight skip. Maybe it's an on-the-fly edit, or maybe, if the whole choir is nothing but a sample, it's a button that was pressed a tiny bit late. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2008, 08:48

I'm still trying to get my version with iTunes, since I'm not really fond of the .wma format. iTunes got it on AIFF format right (.m4a)?

Only problem is that, since I'm in the Netherlands, iTunes won't offer me the transaction.  :/  Any tricks for this?

p.s.: ebony, I've added you on myspace ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2008, 10:12

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ Mar. 09 2008, 13:48)
I'm still trying to get my version with iTunes, since I'm not really fond of the .wma format. iTunes got it on AIFF format right (.m4a)?

Only problem is that, since I'm in the Netherlands, iTunes won't offer me the transaction.  :/  Any tricks for this?

p.s.: ebony, I've added you on myspace ;)

Ah, so it was you!  I did wonder, but then I went on your page, saw lots of Mike Oldfield goodness and figured it was probably someone from here.  *waves*  

I may be wrong, seeing as I avoid iTunes like the plague and am firmly in the "Pro-WindowsMediaPlayer" camp, but I was told by a friend (who desperately wants me to change sides) that the iTunes player automatically converts your music to the iTunes format.  So it shouldn't matter if you originally get the track in .wma because it can be converted to .w4a afterwards.  Don't quote me on this though.

:)
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2008, 12:48

Silly me... I forgot about this one.  I downloaded it from 7digital and after initial problem with individualization of the WM11 (security update required) I was able to download it (IE7, Vista 64 bit).

The start is really a puzzling one (especially after listening MOTS before).  I'm really glad how the whole piece did develop.  I'm looking forward to next week when I will buy (finally) this album (and there is going to be new Muse DVD too so next week is really exciting to me).  

My initial impression was that demo was something like darker TSODE.
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 07:15

I'm still waiting for 7digital to let me have a license to hear the thing. I see the file sat on my computer but can't play it  :(  Grrrrr....

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 13:03

olracUK---> that's a shame!!! :( one more thing why I don't do .wma formats. I had downloaded a couple of them (which were free on a cd from an artist) and they won't play anymore because of the license.  :/

Ebony---> *waves back* hello on myspace! :D

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 15:07

Quote (olracUK @ Mar. 10 2008, 14:15)
I'm still waiting for 7digital to let me have a license to hear the thing. I see the file sat on my computer but can't play it  :(  Grrrrr....

That is odd. I just double clicked on the file and the license was automatically acquired in a few seconds, then I was able to play it in windows media player. This was my first purchase from 7digital.
Did you try to open it with windows media player?
Profile PM 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 18:16

Quote (olracUK @ Mar. 10 2008, 13:15)

In my case when I click on it for the first time I'm asked about credentials I have on 7digital... after that it works.  Later you can save that on CD and rip it to have no worries of any further license checks.  I used to do the same when Queen were releasing their recordings from last live show.
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 19:47

Quote (Harmono @ Mar. 10 2008, 20:07)
Did you try to open it with windows media player?

D'oh! I was using my default player, Winamp and kept getting an "invalid URL" message when trying to aquire license.

Opened file with Windows $ player and it worked. Always the simple things that stop us I guess.

I think this really does stand well on it's own. The Voyager guitar, unique and interesting synth sounds, dance/trance rythm. Yes it is similar or a mix of styles he's used before, but I like that.

The clips (  ;)  ) I've heard of the Orchestrated Spheres have a different dynamic, much grander and sweeping. The composition works well in both forms, and I will happily buy both to enjoy in different moods

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Martina Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 08:00

Quote (gbcrvh @ Mar. 11 2008, 00:16)
Later you can save that on CD and rip it to have no worries of any further license checks.  I used to do the same when Queen were releasing their recordings from last live show.

I quite like WMA and Windows Media Player, but I really hate anything about licensing or copy protection of music. Although this one is licensed to allow playing for unlimited times (only CD burning is limited), I did quite the same thing before I even played the music. :p I just saved one CD, because I "burned" it to an image file, which is (in case of audio CD image) just a raw PCM data. You can then covert it to some audio format e.g. by GoldWave. I've actually bought it, so why to be bound by some rules?  :/
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 13:15

Quote (Martina @ Mar. 11 2008, 14:00)
Quote (gbcrvh @ Mar. 11 2008, 00:16)
Later you can save that on CD and rip it to have no worries of any further license checks.  I used to do the same when Queen were releasing their recordings from last live show.

I quite like WMA and Windows Media Player, but I really hate anything about licensing or copy protection of music. Although this one is licensed to allow playing for unlimited times (only CD burning is limited), I did quite the same thing before I even played the music. :p I just saved one CD, because I "burned" it to an image file, which is (in case of audio CD image) just a raw PCM data. You can then covert it to some audio format e.g. by GoldWave. I've actually bought it, so why to be bound by some rules?  :/

I think you are absolutely right about that, Martina! You bought a product, so why the restrictions? If I buy a cd, thank god it will not self destruct after I played it 10 times!! We people are getting to bound and restricted to this rules made by the big companies.

That's why I still haven't bought it. It should be on my bloody Dutch iTunes store. I won't be limited to buying only the .WMA format, I wish to have choices in different formats, or give me a proper cd single (promo) release so I have it without compression.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 17:31

Just bought it from swedish iTunes.  ;)  :cool:
To me this is rather more "Oldfield" than what I've heard
from the MOTS album...strange.

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 18:15

Can't help to sometimes think that we may have got an Orchestral Tubular Bells bypassing an original Tubular Bells. I prefer Mike's music when he doesn't work in an established style as disco, dance or classical, I feel he is limiting his creativity this way, adding unecessary rules, losing some humor too. But then, he has the ability to make people make sentences containing both "dance" and "classical", that's pretty unique. (One could object that we wouldn't know the classical and dance stuff if he didn't have made his "progressive" stuff.) I prefer artists, like Quentin Tarantino (and Mike too obviously), who quote others and themselves in their work, but within their own style. The end result sounds less scholar, more crazy, more innovative, more progressive.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: May 15 2008, 17:43

Can't listen to my file anymore. It's not in my 7digital locker either.  This is not nice. I wonder how much I have to pay to get a proper mp3 from 7digital?
I'll only use itunes from now on, you do that too.
Profile PM 
nurofeg Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2008, 08:01

I want to made cd single but I don't know how to made wav from this wma file.
Please any help ??????

--------------
Searching for:
SURFING (promo cd single) 2005 - SURFCJ1  
MONT ST. MICHEL (promo cd single) 1996 - PRCD363
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2008, 17:55

@ nurofeg, if Windows Media Player allows you to play the file, you don't need to make a .wav out of it. Just burn a CD from within WMP.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nurofeg Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2008, 07:26

I made it, anyway thanks

--------------
Searching for:
SURFING (promo cd single) 2005 - SURFCJ1  
MONT ST. MICHEL (promo cd single) 1996 - PRCD363
Profile PM WEB 
97 replies since Feb. 26 2008, 15:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net