Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Digital Classics, Oldfield Produced Classical Album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Mishen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 06 2009, 09:26

I have an old LP of the London Symphony Orchestra that says it's produced by Mike Oldfield, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of it or has a copy, do you know anything about this one?

I've never seen it referenced on an Oldfield site... I thought it could be another MO, but the co-incidence with William Tell is a strong giveaway...
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2009, 09:49

Hmmmmm.I know there used to be a music journo by the name of Michael Oldfield but never heard of this.The fact that it's not on Virgin (i assume it's not on the Virgin label) would indicate that it's not 'the' Mike Oldfield though as contractual obligations would have negatesd his name appearing on another company's products,unless by permission and even then i doubt they would have taken too kindly to his name being in such a prominant place on the cover.
 Got me stumped mate.Good find.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2009, 09:51

It's got me stumped too.
Is there a date and place of recording? Catalogue No.?
Profile PM 
Mishen Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2009, 18:17

Curious, isn't it? The copy I have was distributed in New Zealand by Music World Ltd, copyrighted in 1982, but there's no information about the original release. The release number is MWTL-8004 and it lists as being available on Musicassette MWCTL-8004.

The prominent use of Oldfield's name suggests they're trying to cash in on the reputation of Mike Oldfield - but it's entirely possible it's someone else with the same name. Seems an odd co-incidence though for another Mike Oldfield to be a recording engineer for the London Symphony Orchestra playing a piece that Mike released himself...
Profile PM WEB 
Mishen Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2012, 04:34

Has anybody else ever seen or collected this album?
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2012, 05:23

Quote (Mishen @ Jan. 10 2012, 10:34)
Has anybody else ever seen or collected this album?

Yes...

Here:http://www.argiers.com/

http://www.argiers.com/images....ver.jpg

He thinks he is not our Mike and I think the same...

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2012, 21:47

I tried a few search combinations - many, many more untried - but found a bit of evidence for the existence of a CD version.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-i....214016.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
6 replies since Oct. 06 2009, 09:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net