[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: David Bedford & Mike on Nationwide< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
orbscure Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 08 2016, 10:23

This clip was posted by David Bedfords daughter on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUUueLRWyhA

Electric guitar on its stand and an introduction to Mike right at the end of the clip... what happens next?

Cheers
Pete

--------------
Author "Music from the Darkness - Mike Oldfield 1953-1993"
Profile PM 
Justine Fly Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2016, 16:36

Hello Pete :)
The best that I found was on this forum :
Here
But I didn't really do lots of researches , still trying to find something :)

--------------
- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy -
Profile PM 
Sweep Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2016, 20:35

Thanks - I didn't see this at the time, and didn't know it existed.

As Sarah has this clip to post it seems reasonable to think she may have what followed as well. I suppose you could ask her about posting the entire clip by replying on YouTube. She also runs a David Bedford account on Twitter.

If you feel at all awkward about asking her (there's no reason why you should), I'd be happy to. She probably doesn't remember me, but she was kind enough to make a comment about my piece Bradnor Hill on YouTube, which I wrote in memory of her father.

--------------
Website@: http://www.musicbysweep.com
Twitter: sweep1

Bradnor Hill (in memory of David Bedford): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKeATjaMCgA
Profile PM WEB 
orbscure Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2016, 15:16

Many and belated thanks to you both... I did consider dropping Sarah a line via YouTube, but it did cross my mind that if she had the complete clip, why she didn't post it in the first place. I was just curious as to Mike's involvement, especially when an electric guitar is sat invitingly on its stand :)

I know that David Porter (Airborne) used to frequent this forum and knowing him like I do, I'd be surprised if he didn't have the answer. However, it seems like he may not visit here very much these days...

Cheers
Pete

--------------
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2016, 17:06

Yes Peter, I don't visit very much these days and I do have an answer.
Sarah Bedford is only interested in promoting her father's work and quite rightly refuses to pander to Mike Oldfield fans for clips of their hero. The material still has a BBC copyright and she only had access being a direct relative and now having copyright over the music performed, but she still had to pay quite a lot for the contributor access copies. I was surprised to see that the Nationwide video had been released in part as initially only stills were posted. Perhaps in the fullness of time the rest of the performance will surface, but not if Sarah is bombarded with requests. I'm also interested in seeing the rest of the show myself but prepared to wait until that treat is unveiled.
Profile PM 
Sweep Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2016, 05:51

Thanks for that, Airborne. That clears things up nicely, and it's a timely warning.

--------------
Website@: http://www.musicbysweep.com
Twitter: sweep1

Bradnor Hill (in memory of David Bedford): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKeATjaMCgA
Profile PM WEB 
orbscure Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2016, 08:44

Quote (Airborne @ Sep. 05 2016, 17:06)
Yes Peter, I don't visit very much these days and I do have an answer.
Sarah Bedford is only interested in promoting her father's work and quite rightly refuses to pander to Mike Oldfield fans for clips of their hero. The material still has a BBC copyright and she only had access being a direct relative and now having copyright over the music performed, but she still had to pay quite a lot for the contributor access copies. I was surprised to see that the Nationwide video had been released in part as initially only stills were posted. Perhaps in the fullness of time the rest of the performance will surface, but not if Sarah is bombarded with requests. I'm also interested in seeing the rest of the show myself but prepared to wait until that treat is unveiled.

Many thanks David... trust your well my friend and appreciate you filling in the gaps :) I fully understand Sarah's stance, as well as the BBC copyright issues and am happy to wait until it finally gets revealed. Out of idle curiosity, do we know what Mike played/contributed to the rest of the performance?

--------------
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2016, 15:20

I'm assuming this was just prior to the concert of the "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" in early 1979. In which case they would most likely perform with Mike the "Rio Grande" piece from that album.

The concert recording itself is generally available.
Profile PM 
orbscure Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2016, 12:06

Cheers David  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
8 replies since Aug. 08 2016, 10:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net