Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: David Bedford - Song of the White Horse, 1978 Omnibus documentary< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 03 2023, 01:31

Omnibus - Song of the White Horse

I remember seeing this documentary aired on TV back in '78. I was 13 but already a huge fan of Oldfield's work and familiar with some of his collaborations with Bedford. This is a fascinating insight into how Bedford worked and his unique talent.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2023, 05:14

Yes I love this! I've watched it a few times. And it was where I first learned about the Uffington White Horse and Waylands Smithy, both of which I now love to visit.
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2023, 09:06

Yes it's great isn't it! I also managed to catch it as a teenager (not sure by accident or design), I remember vividly watching it on my tiny black and white portable TV in my bedroom! Nice to see the Queen's College choir (of "Incantations" fame) in action, i think that's Emma Freud in orange on the right.

Good to see David did all his own stunts too...

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 03 2023, 01:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net