Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Daily Mirror UK article - Oct 6< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 13 2001, 19:03

There was a 2 pages article about Mike in the Daily Mirror on Oct 6. According to this article, it seems MVR will be released in 2002. Scan.
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 14 2001, 12:00

Judging by this article Mike does really need to get his act together.

I sincerely hope, as a fan, that Mike can find some measure of happiness in his new relationship.

As it is I adore Mike's music, even his lesser works. His various neuroses have resulted in some of the greatest prog-rock in history. Perhaps it's true what they say about great art being born out of turbulent souls. Just ask Michael Jackson and Charlie Chaplin.

Although I admire the music more than the man - there is still something of the fanboy in me. For some reason I still hope that Mikey Boy will escape the pitfalls that Chaplin and Jackson succumbed too, redeem himself as Mike Oldfield: The Man in my eyes and live happily ver after.

Unrealistic and stupid perhaps, but I am a romantic at heart, and in spite of all Mike's flaws still a fan.
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2001, 17:04

Well now i can understand why is that we woldnt hear somthing new for a long time now... He got problems... and that is no good for him neither for us... so... Mr. Mike! Leave that goddam bottle and make us TB V smile

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 14 2001, 18:07

The way I understood it, that's what the article was about - Mike getting his act together and leaving the bottle alone (and of course, the struggle on the way there, which is unlikely to be over yet).

Mike's use of music as a release from torment seems, to me, to be what has driven some of what his fans consider his best work.
I don't believe that him having problems is the reason for us hearing no music from him recently - that is simply because he is working on a project with no deadline. His first three albums were produced during times when Mike was dealing with terrible mental problems (I have a feeling he had a thing going with drugs and alcohol then on top of all that).
The last thing Mike released was in late 1999 - about two years ago. That's the same amount of time that came between TB2 and TSODE. There was around three years between Discovery and Islands, about one and a half between QE2 and FMO, and three years between Ommadawn and Incantations. It's not uncommon for Mike to take a long time on something - it's usually because he's got a lot to work on in one way or another. As a plus point, they've been keeping us informed on what's going on - we've seen and heard various different samples from what Mike's been working on, and have even been allowed to play a trial version of his game (or whatever you want to call it). If people don't think that Music VR is a 'proper' Oldfield release, and want a music album and want it last year, I don't think Mike's the one who has the problem...(as it is on the music album front, sources are still saying that an album of the music from Music VR will be released).

As for another Tubular Bells...I think I've made it clear what my feelings on that subject are before wink
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2001, 20:41

well... i have to say that i'm not totally shocked by this article! i knew there had to be something terribly wrong with him... which would explain why things have not been going for oldfield as they once were.

i am very proud of mike and fanny for having the courage and the convictions to go to the papers... for mike to admit his mistakes, short comings, and his battle with drugs and alcohol! good job you two!!! smile

i wish both mike and fanny all the best and hope that their relationship will be the one that brings mike the closure, contentment, and happiness that he has been searching for, needs, and deserves!!!! smile

Message to Mike and Fanny smile (rest in piece you troubled sprirt. now go forth and a make new life for yourselves together. one of clean, honest, good times, with the dawning of a new day!) smile

and one last thing mike... please DO NOT!! make another tubular bells. let go of it mike... let go!!

best wishes smile

christopher
Profile PM 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2001, 10:52

I would like to wish Mike all the best in his endeavour to beat his demons.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 15 2001, 18:58

Oh God, I'm shocked.
I was shocked on 11 September, but I'm also shocked by this. Please excuse me.
Best wishes, Mike.

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
gorjanbak Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2001, 08:08

Mike PLEASE don't bring the evil in your soul. Please do somethink because the alchohol is not good at all. Try to struggle against this crisis for the second time in your life. Because - you need us.We need your music.
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2001, 06:12

I just want to say that he made the first and most important part of handeling his problems. I wish him the best, and hope to see him well in the future.

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 17 2001, 09:00

I'm shocked!.

Now, I understand a lot of things... I would say to Mike, if he read this, only one thing:

All the fans really love your music, but THE MUSICIAN is the most important!!.

Behaviour and all the luck to you. This battle will end with your VICTORY!.

Best wishes from Catalonia,

Santi
timshen Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2001, 02:49

I wasn't shocked! It's quite normal really for relationships to have 'outbreaks' like that - i've been married seven years and have had 'door banging days' and worse but we love each other more than ever.

No problems usually means no real communication and no real progress in a relationship. Its how the problems are dealt with that's the all important thing and i'm glad to hear Mikey babe is on the road to recovery - what will the music that comes out of this experience sound like ? Will it be on MVR? Wait and see!

All the best Mike and Fanny.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 23 2001, 01:03

Well I suppose there have been times when not much music has come from Mike, but overall, I mean, the guy has never really stopped. And when you consider that the artist you are listening to, has been through all the states of mind his music is supposed to convey, it probably only serves to heighten the effect. Life's best highs come with the lows, and hopefully its all highs from here on out.
timshen Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2001, 11:22

Well, seems like things didn't turn out OK for Mike and Fanny. Read this...

http://mirror.icnetwork.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=11442273&method=full

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 06 2002, 07:18

Mike Oldfield is together back with Fanny. A frend from near Mike see him in restaurant with Fanny and she was argue with him and he was very un-hapy looking. He is learning not this man because she leave him and blacksmail him for 250,000 pounds money and now she come back try to get more mony from him. See Timshen messige story. It is un-hapy time. Sorry for my English.
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: April 08 2002, 06:07

Wow it is a shock to see that Fanny is back with Mike (if is is true and hopefully, it isn't). You are right, he does not seem to learn. Who in their right mind would have someone back in their life who just a few months earlier was trying to blackmail them for money and for quite a considerable sum too. In the November article he says that most of their arguments were about money. It is enough to drive any man to drink so I think we can now understand at least one of the causes. Thank God Mike made a decision long ago never to marry again because if that ever happened he could certainly kiss half his fortune away. It is obvious Fanny is just after him for his money and if you all remember, she got herself pregnant right at the beginning of their relationship which no-one would do when you are still at the 'getting to know each other stage' so it was obvious that she tried to trap him from the outset. She subsequently lost the baby but I am sure she will try to get pregnant again soon especially since the English newspapers are full of how Liz Hurley (having given birth to US multi-millionnaire Steve Bing's son) is entitled to half of his 400 million fortune. I am sure this point has not been lost on Fanny so watch out for the patter of tiny feet. Mark my words, she is bound to be plotting something. Let's hope Mike comes to his senses soon. Whatever happened to true love? Our world seems to get more horrible by the moment. Sorry for the long rant but us fans do care about Mike. We love his music but we also care about the man.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 12:56

:(
Yep...Mike and Fanny are back again together...check this out:
http://mikeoldfield.topcities.com/Articles/virtuosoreality.htm

The strangest thing is that they are going to get married...according to the little thingie regarding the home for www.mikeoldfield.com you see 'Design by F.Oldfield'.

Sorry TB Chappie...but getting married to someone who wanted to destroy your private life is terribly disgusting!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 15:45

I've only just read this after finding the November 24 article on the internet - 'My lover's dumped me and is trying to sell our sex videos with me dressed as a woman'

This is really, really messed up. But Mike dressing up as a woman to get his sexual kicks is something I really, really NEVER wanted to know  :(  :angry:

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
James Questari
Unregistered

Posted: June 30 2002, 15:56

What Mike does in his private life is up to him,even if that includes dressing up in womens clothes.It's none of our buisness as fans of the great man
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 16:10

Exactly. It is something that we literally SHOULD NOT KNOW, and I for one never ever wanted to. I want to make it clear that I sincerely hope Mike gets over his alcohol problems. My father was an alcoholic and it was a major factor in his death when I was 10 years old. Mike needs to sort himself out, and it sounds like he is doing so. It is a terrible, terrible shame that his troubled personal life - which is just that, PERSONAL - should guarantee press coverage but his beautiful music very rarely does. Only Mike knows whether he should marry Fanny or not - it is not our place to judge (who knows how much truth these articles hold?)

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 30 2002, 18:40

IMHO,I don´t think that everybody should know about famous people private lifes,what they do and so on...what really gets me angry is the fact that the British media is much more interested to know what´s up with Mike´s personal life ans seems to forget about what we fans really wanna know and care about...his fabulous music!:laugh:  

But sometimes I think that dear TB chappie should care more about not showing to everybody his private life. It would be better for him,yeah :;):  

Like Man in the Rain said,only him can judge what´s the best thing to do!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
20 replies since Oct. 13 2001, 19:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net