Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Crises - a mistery ?, Art cover of Crises.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Carlos Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 29 2004, 09:06

Yesterday I bought the remastered HDCD album Crises, by Mike Oldfield. I bought it mainly for 2 reasons: it only cost me 2 euros and the art cover is very strange. I explain: instead of the normal green cover with a fool moon with a building in the sea, this particular art cover only has the fool moon with the green sky behind. Strange, isn't it?
But there's more: there are 5 tracks mentioned in the boocklet (1. Crises, 2. Moonlight Shadow, 3. In High Places, 4. Taurus 3, and 5. Shadow On The Wall). Ok, but the thing is that there's a 6th song in between In High Places and Taurus 3. Is this a normal edition? I wonder...
Who can help me with this "mistery"? Thanks in advance.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2004, 19:54

Unfortunately all of those remasters are full of mistakes :(, and both things you mention are mistakes in the Crises HDCD remastered edition:
- The cover art with full moon & green sky (no building, no sea, no man) should really be on the back cover. Were the people at Virgin really so stupid to put it on the front cover? :D [I don't have the remaster, so I must admit that I don't know whether it's on the front cover or not. ;)]
- The sixth song between 3 and 4 is "Foreign Affair", and the absence of its title from the booklet is, of course, a mistake - a bad one, as the booklet and the back cover of my old (non-remastered) Crises CD correctly list 6 tracks including "Foreign Affair". :)

I don't think you have a special copy. The mistakes AFAIK are on all copies of the HDCD remastered Crises album.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Carlos
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 30 2004, 05:59

On the shop I bought the cd they had several copies of Crises but only one with the mentioned mistake: the one I bought. And yes, it's the front art cover I'm talking about.
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 30 2004, 09:09

The remaster has the standard cover art. I've occasionally seen them with the booklet placed in the wrong way, when someone's taken it out in the shop and replaced it wrongly, but never with it printed that way round.

If it's actually printed with the moon as the front cover like that, I'd guess it must be a printing mistake. Some amusing things happen when things like that are put together - I once saw a book on sale in a discount bookstore which had the wrong book in the middle. Sandwiched between the pages of a rather dry computer manual was a children's story, all neatly machine bound...
So, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had been half asleep one day, and they managed to staple a crises booklet the wrong way round.
Profile PM 
captainkaos Offline

Posted: April 17 2005, 18:47

It's definitely not stapled the wrong way round, as the top-left-hand corner has the "MIKE OLDFIELD, CRISES" tiltle on it.  It just looks like someone forgot to include the bottom artwork!
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: April 19 2005, 05:37

My hdcd version of crises also has just the moon with the green sky!
Profile PM 
Barbarian Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2011, 12:44

I have had 3 copies (not copies if you know what I mean) of the Crises Remastered Cd. 2 of them had the normal front artwork and the third has the Moon on a green background, but no watcher and tower.
So there are certainly a few of these odd artwork version around. :)
Profile PM 
6 replies since Nov. 29 2004, 09:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net