Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Crime of Passion, only song not in its extended version< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
dazzler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 25 2009, 17:18

The extended version of Crime of Passion (4.08)
is missing on The Platinum Collection. Instead we get
the 7" version (3.38), while all other songs are presented
in their extended 12" single version ... what a pitty!

Who knows why?
Profile PM 
J1Star Offline

Posted: April 04 2012, 10:54

I'm not sure exactly why, but it could simply be that the extended version just wasn't 'good enough' to stick on the compilation for whatever reason.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 06 2012, 17:58

I have that extended mix on an old scratched 12''. it's really not worth it - it just drags the song out a little more than on the seven-inch. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
J1Star Offline

Posted: April 07 2012, 12:50

A bit like 'To France', which made it to to the release all the same. I Would love to have the extended version all the same, though. I love that song.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: April 07 2012, 13:45

A trusty Amstrad clock radio cassette player shielded me from the need or desire to purchase vinyl in the eighties, but I fancy I would have been a mildly disappointed purchaser of 12-inch records, however much extra I'd have been paying for them.  I now know that several songs I recorded and loved off the radio were the maxi-versions, and feel a little short-changed when the 7-inch mixes come up these days.  In a great many more cases, I present the less is more argument!

Where Mike is concerned, I've become fond of some extensions but his Platinum Collection interview demonstrates that his heart wasn't in much of what we hear.  And while I can appreciate it's a bigger deal to artists with Mike's methods, when his bosses order him to produce an extra minute or two of music, I can't say that 30 seconds and the same Jungle Gardenia would have impressed me much!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
J1Star Offline

Posted: April 07 2012, 14:04

I wish I was able to experience MOs stuff as it came out.. :< But yes, I agree, we don't see the whole picture, but it's nice to have some variations. The 'Shadow on the Wall' extended version is, in my opinion, much better.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 08 2012, 07:26

And so you can  :)

http://www.4shared.com/mp3....g.html?
Profile PM 
J1Star Offline

Posted: April 08 2012, 11:12

Aaah, you're such a legend, thankyou!
Profile PM 
7 replies since June 25 2009, 17:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net