Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Crime of Passion, something's wrong here...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
smillsoid Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 21 2009, 23:44

Oh yes, I know they do!  I just doubt that Barry Palmer is one of them.  If I'm wrong, someone phone his agent, and get him to recommend Barry for David Lynch's next film!

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: June 28 2009, 10:25

:p technology, vocoders, the sequencing of particular pieces, all part of the oldfield arsenal, deb
Profile PM 
Omnhio Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 17:07

This song is very similar to Moonlight Shadow! The first note of melody and the solo too. Or not?
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 06:57

To a point yes.It was the follow up to Moonlight Shadow so there are bound to be some similaritiers.Regarding the solo i can see your point in that tonally it starts with a cleanish Strat sound moving into a dirtier sound toward the end as it gets higher but to honest these were just the two guitar sounds he used around this time.Look at Shadow on the Wall for an example.Right from the intro both the clean Fender Strat and the dirtier Gibson sounds are right there.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
DelfĂ­n Offline

Posted: June 26 2010, 20:19

I think this video is one of the most lovely and memorable I've ever been. The serious faces, the strange fast movements and gestures, and the inexpressive anger of the characters when they exclaim 'Crime of Passion!' acting like toys makes it the most tender and sweethearted of all Mike's videos, probably together with 'Wonderful land' in which he appears with a very very young Molly Oldfield.

Shame Barry Palmer didn't like it but I really prefer him sat down on that one, and he plays his character perfectly. Mike looks like a child, half focused and half really far away from there, with all the madness a genius has.

I have never got tired of watching that video, since the first time I saw it, at a frind's house, being 10 years old and finding out that amazingly Mike Oldfield was not the redheaded female singer of 'Moonlight Shadow' as I had thought, but the ugly guy with white trousers that also appeared on that other video!!!

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 26 2010, 20:58

Quote (Omnhio @ July 07 2009, 17:07)
This song is very similar to Moonlight Shadow! The first note of melody and the solo too. Or not?

Yes, I assumed this had been remarked on many times before. The similarity is glaring. For a start, "moonlight shadow" and "crime of passion" have the same pattern of stressed syllables, one of which is the same (the "a" in "shadow" and "passion"); and each appears in the same position in the chorus.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 27 2010, 05:37

To me Tricks of the Light has been more similar to Crime of Passion than Moonlight Shadow

Just sing:

"Some Tricks of the light you'll never know...." TotL

"He looked outside the frosty window pane..." CoP

The music notes sounds sooo similar to me,a very cloth eared guy!!
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 30 2010, 06:23

That Ice Cold stare Mike gives as he looks away from the camera
always makes me think.
Thats what Yanouch copped. :D
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: July 27 2011, 07:04

Who is the female in the Video ?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 27 2011, 18:05

Quote (tarquincat @ July 27 2011, 13:04)
Who is the female in the Video ?

She's probably just a model. The only vocalist in the actual song is Barry Palmer.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
29 replies since Jan. 19 2005, 22:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net