TENLLADO Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 22 2020, 05:54

My fanart RTO

Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2020, 17:51

I prefer the warrior and dragon cover. IDK, but putting a pic of the artist on an album sleeve is a bit cheesy, as though the music takes second place to the cult of its creator.

This is not a criticism per se of your excellent artwork. I think a large minority of MO album covers are excellent: Crises, Tres Lunas, The Songs of Distant Earth (manta in space cover), Music of the Spheres, Man on the Rocks, and Return to Ommadawn. The rest don't do the music justice. I think Pink Floyd learned early on that it's better to put really striking artwork on the album cover rather than just a photo of the band (as on the first one, Piper at the Gates of Dawn).

Speaking of Pink Floyd, perhaps they could follow Mike's example and record Return to the Gates of Dawn.  :cool: A (bag) piper could be supplied easily, I should think. Incidentally, the Wind in the Willows chapter titled "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" contains a reference that could easily apply to Mike's music:

"Such music I never dreamed of, and the call in it is stronger even than the music is sweet".
Profile PM 
TENLLADO Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2020, 04:48

Personally they cover the RTO, I think it's very childish like a video game, I don't associate it with the album.
Artistically it is very poor, very monochromatic and flat in depth.

The idea I had here is a trip in time from Ommadawn in the window, with a Mike currently lit by the sun.

I love Crises, Platinum, FMO   :)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2020, 06:17

Quote (TENLLADO @ Feb. 24 2020, 04:48)
Personally they cover the RTO, I think it's very childish like a video game, I don't associate it with the album.

The idea I had here is a trip in time from Ommadawn in the window, with a Mike currently lit by the sun.

About half past seven  :laugh:
Profile PM 
TENLLADO Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2020, 06:36

Quote (nightspore @ Feb. 24 2020, 06:17)

More or less depends on the sunset in Bahamas  :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2020, 17:57

Quote (TENLLADO @ Feb. 24 2020, 06:36)
Quote (nightspore @ Feb. 24 2020, 06:17)

More or less depends on the sunset in Bahamas  :D

Aha - you're in the Bahamas! Mike in disguise! Alert! Danger Will Robinson and other such phrases  :laugh:

Line up those who want to ask why Mike really did write Tubular Bells  :p
Profile PM 
TENLLADO Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2020, 04:38

Honestly ... I don't understand anything  :D
Profile PM 
6 replies since Feb. 22 2020, 05:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net