Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: cover of boxed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
dM Flimp Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 27 2006, 13:49

Just if any one wants to know,the cover pic. of Boxed is a drawing by MC Escher called "Another World".Also in the live dvd of Knebworth in 1980,there are three other illistrations by the same guy.The Guilty animation is called "Asendind and Desending",the Tubular Bells animation is a variation of the "Immpossible Triangle"(which is also on the Airborn cover),and the Ommadawn animation is called "Waterfall".It seems that Mike has an interest in those type of illusions by Escher. :/

--------------
Kraftwerk

Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn.
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal,
Die Sonne scheint mit Glitzerstrahl.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: July 27 2006, 20:52

cool to know
yes, the one with the water flowing and stuff is amazing, his bells are good too...
good artist, and next album should be by the guy who made crises cover, isn't he called elliot

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 28 2006, 01:17

Mike had asked animator Ian Emes to produce five film sequences which would be played as a backdrop to each concert. They were inspired by Eschers work.

For the 1980 tour Ian Emes also produced the film sequence with the "Concordetross", the mixture between bird and airplane.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 28 2006, 19:19

I've seen those animations before, but unfortunately I ain't got the DVD (yet). :/  Yes, I agree that they're really cool - but Escher's original drawings also are, IMHO. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3 replies since July 27 2006, 13:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net