Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: copyright issues, songs put on myspace< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 01 2009, 13:36

About a year ago, for fun I started a Myspace page and uploaded a throwaway song I did, just to give it some flavor. My question is, if I uploaded another song, say a song I did not consider a throwaway, would it be open season to be copied/ripped off? I was thinking of reworking it completely which would move the copyright from a number of years ago to the present year. Just curious as to how Myspace and copyright issues work. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 31 2009, 08:44

Hi Jim,

I don't think you'll have any issues, as thousands of people on MySpace are using copyrighted music and photos they don't have the rights to. If you're posting your own music, make sure you check the box that prohibits downloads by other viewers. Unless you plan on making it big in the music business, I'd consider it a compliment that somebody wants a copy of your music. If it makes them happy in some way, then I'd feel I've created something worthwhile...

Just some thoughts...
Harry
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 01 2009, 13:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net