Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Copy protection stopping you enjoying TB2003?, Here's what to do< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Mwongozi Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 28 2003, 18:44

Return it.

Yes, take it back. That's what I will be doing. When you return it, make sure you make it clear that you're returning it because the copy protection means you can't listen to it.

Why? Because the numbers of returned CDs are sent to Warner, and doing this might make them listen. We don't want copy protected CDs.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 28 2003, 19:28

...err there's already a discussion on the go in the polls and opinions section chap. Take a read.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 29 2003, 14:54

There is, but it seems most people prefer to be trampled over by the multinationals ;)

As said elsewhere, I have already done what Mwongozi is suggesting, and it's vital that every single person who is unhappy with the copy protected album does the same, otherwise the record company will simply assume that buyers of Mike's albums are happy with second best.

Since my webpage went up, I've been contacted by other fans who have done the same and returned it, so anyone considering it shouldn't feel alone in doing so.

Anyone worrying about sending it back to Amazon should note that they are currently selling it under the false description of an Audio CD - it is not a red book compliant CD and therefore can't be regarded as an audio CD. Certainly in the UK, they are legally obliged to refund your money because of this false description.
Profile PM 
2 replies since May 28 2003, 18:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net