Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Copy protection on TB2003 CD is causing greif?, Stopping on tracks< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Slartibartfaster
Unregistered

Posted: June 13 2003, 09:30

"well..after reading all this stuff about copy protection, i just won't buy the damn thing at all."

Go out and buy it, listen to it to hear mikes wonderfull music (even with stoppages).

Then take it back and ask for a refund, explain that it stops due to copy protection, and tell the shopkeeper to complain to warners.
HMV INFORMANT
Unregistered

Posted: June 16 2003, 10:05

I wish to remain unknown, as my job with HMV would be on the line, but HMV management are fuming over copy protection on all recent CD's, excpecially Mike Oldfield new tubular bells CD.

This is due to the number of high returns and the agrivation from the public shouting their greivances.

The management are deciding whether to ride the storm as the future of copy protection CDs in the UK is in the balance, or decide in favour of the buying public and withdraw the CD.

So its up to you the public to tell us what you want!
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 16 2003, 18:46

If retailers didn't bow to record company pressure, and didn't stock these CDs, the record company might realise that the buying public aren't all quite as gullible as they think. At the moment the whole system relies on half-truths and the hope that if they don't tell people there might be a problem, nobody will notice it.

If nobody will stock the CDs, perhaps nobody will release them...
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 17 2003, 09:41

I'm not buying it, as well. I might get the "Finale" or "Caveman" from Kazaa and give them one or two listens, but I won't buy it.

I'll wait until my pay comes out, and then I'll pay a visit to some record stores and ask them how are they doing with TB2003 (if they're selling it at all :/ ). I hope people are not going to surrender to Copy-Protection here in Brazil, as people on here are very used to swallowing anything the management people throw at us.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Bill
Unregistered

Posted: June 18 2003, 13:25

I'd like to buy TB 2003, but I transfer all of my music to
my iPod. If I can't play the CD on my Mac, I can't encode
the music as an AAC file with no annoying breaks, and I certianly
can't transfer it to my iPod. So - no sale Mikey.  :(
Galaxy quester
Unregistered

Posted: June 21 2003, 14:41

"I hope people are not going to surrender to Copy-Protection here in Brazil, as people on here are very used to swallowing anything the management people throw at us"

Well done........never give up, never surrender. :)
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 21 2003, 15:38

Lol that movie rocks!

...moving on...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
MO fan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 22 2003, 15:08

Any sign of the UK record shops withdrawing the copy protected CD's yet?
Profile PM 
BioBuster
Unregistered

Posted: June 25 2003, 06:49

I have just bought TB 2003 in the internet store. There was not a word written on the web page, that CD is copy protected, and when I unpacked it, and loaded it into my stationary audio player (Thomson with mp3 support) it turned out that CD is also "protected from listening" for me. Perfect situation, as sending it back to the shop plus shop's p&p would cost me about the same cash as the CD itself  :/ so I'm rather not going to send it back. The great copy-protection system is easy to be broken (I have checked EAC for Windows, and Grip for Linux, both with perfect output), but if I am to copy each CD before I want to listen to it, I would rather buy non-protected pirate copy, download mp3 from net or I'd as the shop for blank CDR :cool:.
Anyway I'd like to complain to the publisher for the situation, and... Does anybody know how to contact WB or Mike Oldfield? info@mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com does not work of course.
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 26 2003, 19:16

In the UK, you can phone WEA's London office on 020 7761 6000.

Alternatively, their address is:

57-63, Old Church St  
London  
SW3 5BS

Just having mentioned your problems here does some good, though - I'm taking note of all the difficulties which people are having with the album, and the whole situation is being investigated by various people who have views of taking things further...
Profile PM 
BioBuster
Unregistered

Posted: June 27 2003, 03:50

I'm living in Poland, so I'd probably send them a letter. Thanks for the address. And I know that writing about such problems can do something good. The CD from BMG that I've bought and returned is announced to be released (or maybe it's rather additional release) with no "copy-protection", so I could buy it again, and listen to at last.
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 27 2003, 12:51

You'd be better contacting either your local arm of Warner/WEA (you'll probably find their details in a phone directory), or if not, Warner Spain. I might see if I can dig out some contact details...
Profile PM 
31 replies since May 31 2003, 14:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net