[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Copy Protection - Defeated< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
algenicus002 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 12:14

Quote (Sysiyo @ Aug. 10 2005, 10:24)
In my experience thus far, the 'copy control' is sometimes effective and sometimes... not. I've only tried it with three discs, all by the same artist (Kraftwerk). One disc, Tour de France Soundtracks (the album), plays on my computer like a normal disc and also allows me to rip it like a normal disc. On the other hand the two singles from that albums (Tour de France '03 and Aerodynamik) don't play or rip on my computer. All have played fine on my stereo, which in itself is odd because not all regular CD's play properly on it. :O

Depends on the label and the copy protection system used. If you're having playback problems with your stereo, perhaps your CD transport is damaged or worn.
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2005, 14:22

That's what I find odd, because the discs mentioned were released by the same artist, on the same label, in the same year. I find it highly unlikely they'd use a different CC system for one of the discs (expecially as it was the released in the middle of the other two).

Being precise, my stereo always plays discs properly when I'm playing the music, but when I put a disc in it sometimes has trouble recognising the disc as a music disc.
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 06:37

Two copy protected CDs I have are Moby's 18 and Hotel. Hotel doesn't play in the car, but does on both of our computers, and in fact everywhere else in the house. 18 used to not work in our computer, but does now we have the new CD drive.

Seems a bit too much like random copy protection to me (I'm hardly going to rip a CD using my car am I?    :)  )

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 13:31

Perhaps it is random.

"Let's apply... THIS copy protection here, and pray it doesn't work on computers. It's not like we are wasting money buying CDs we can't play, anyway..."

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2005, 14:40

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That was just too good.
Profile PM WEB 
Daftyboy Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2005, 19:00

Hi,
Just joined. One of my first questions was going to be 'can I get a non-copy protected version of TB2003?'
I've only ever bought one and my CD player just ignores it totally!
Anyway. My question now is 'What's the best website for ordering a Canadian copy? (I'm in the UK)'
Thanks in advance,
Dafty
Profile PM 
25 replies since Oct. 17 2003, 06:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net