Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Connection between Maestro and Tube World Demos< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Thin Man Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 15 2004, 07:03

Well, since there's nothing in here, I thought I'd kick off with a question.

Has anyone spotted the connection between the Tube World demo (the one with the two planes) and the Maestro demo?

As this is a spoiler, I'll give the answer in my next post!

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2004, 07:17

Last night I managed to get "outside" of the Maestro demo so that I could see the whole spacecraft from space.  (From the main concourse, go to the corridor that has the DNA strand at its entrance, and keep low and to the right.  There is a gap in the barrier and you can explore the rest of the spacecraft - not that there's much there at the moment - and escape into space.)

The layout of the spacecraft reminded me of something so I then played the Tube World demo again.  In the final scene there's a big rosette/medal thingie floating over the sea, and in the middle of this is an ornate scrollwork construction in the same shape as the spacecraft!

Maybe it's a map, or maybe there will be worlds within worlds in the final release?
:O

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2004, 17:29

I downloaded an installed the demo again to try this out

Quite a lot in the 'spacecraft' although there's nothing to do in there. It's easy to get lost. I find this is also the case with the bell collecting game where you start out from. If you fly out far enough you can get a view of the whole map. Here's a screenshot I got of it:

[edit] I removed it since the full game was released [edit]
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2004, 18:13

Wow! Playing the full game, now the whole map is available. My screenshot should come in handy, although you can view the spacecraft from above if you fly up to the tower
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 11:44

I've just found that the metal spaceship within the large floating medal/rosette that featured at the end of the first Tube World demo can in fact be found in the full game.  It's part of the play that involves moving the gravitars back to the mothership.  The background music is "Peace" which all-in-all makes for a stunning sequence.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2004, 05:54

hi
please make some screen shots of them
Profile PM 
5 replies since Feb. 15 2004, 07:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net