Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Completing the 7 rings game< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2006, 06:17

Completing the 7 Rings Game

There are many different ways of collecting 7 rings and 'finishing' the game (and there are more than 7 rings available). I'll start the topic with one possible sequence, and we can gather together alternative sequences and tips in additional posts.

Ring 1: Inside the large shell on the beach near Stonehenge.

Ring 2: Hanging from a branch of the tree that stands on the circular ridge surrounding the central plain. (The spirit will be proud of you.)

Ring 3: You'll now see a column of white smoke rising from a small white tree. The third ring is at its foot, guarded by a scorpion. (The sprite will send you onward.)

Ring 4: Touch the moving sprite as it leads you to Stonehenge. Touch the figure that appears at Stonehenge, making Tai Chi movements. Let the seagull carry you to Tai Chi Island (great music here). Pick up the ring that's waiting for you there, guarded by two snakes (mind you don't touch the snakes until you've got it).

Ring 5: Touch the white snake and let it carry you to the dolphins (great music here). Find the stationary dolphin that floats not far below the surface and shoot a ring at it. Let the ray carry you back to the mainland. You'll notice sparks rising from the origin - go and touch the cactus. Approach the four horses and travel with them on a wild ride through a thunderstorm with great music. They leave you at the edge of the lake. Go to the tiny island in the lake where you'll find a mantis guarding the 5th ring. Help yourself.

Ring 6: Return to the shore of the lake, where you'll see a large temple. Enter the temple, but (in this version of the 7 ring quest) don't be tempted to take the ring that you see there, guarded by two cats. Approach the blue mask on the wall until you hear it say 'go back'. Persist in trying to enter the mask until it returns you to the origin. Follow the yellow sprites which will lead you towards a small crab on the beach guarding the 6th ring. Take it.

Ring 7: A flying horse will sweep you up and carry you through the stars back to the temple (great music, and one of the best parts of the whole game - you'd have missed it if you'd chosen not to go through the blue mask). This time, take the 7th ring at the temple. You'll be swept through the blue rebirth tunnel accompanied by great music (and an unexpected companion) to the end of the game, a meeting with two cats, and with a fairy who says something nice to you.

Additional note by 14al

After collecting three rings, at Stonehenge the flight to tai chi island can also be triggered by firing rings at the ring on top of the Stonehenge portal, instead of the figure.  You will still fly with the seagull but hear different music.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 14 2006, 14:38

Collecting the rings in a different order

The order in which you take the shell, crab, and tree rings can have a significant effect later in the game. Rings 1 & 2 are interchangeable, i.e. the order in which you pick them doesn't matter (what matters is which ring you choose to pick as 6th). What happens on that 'journey' will change, depending on which ring you leave out to be picked as the 6th one. This may either be the shell ring, the tree ring or the crab-guarded ring.

Shell ring as 6th
If you pick the shell ring as 6th, (i.e. you choose tree and crab rings as 1st and 2nd), you have to go back to the origin, and from there you will be carried to the temple in a vortex of dandelion seeds, with no music (shame) but a nice wind effect, which makes you feel just like you're floating in the wind, with the seeds.

Tree ring as 6th
If you pick the tree ring as 6th, (i.e. you choose shell and crab rings as 1st and 2nd), a vortex of flying roses will carry you to the temple to get ring 7.

Crab ring as 6th
If you pick the crab-guarded ring as 6th (i.e. you choose shell and tree rings as 1st and 2nd), you get the 'space ride' with Pegasus as described in Alan's post above.

As for the other rings (3 at the scorpion, 4 at the snakes, and 5 at the mantis)... well, they never change, i.e. they are always found in the same places and they're always collected in the same way as described by Alan above, no matter which way you collect the first 2.

I'd also like to add a note about collecting rings by winning the three 'internal' games (swords game, rings game, piano game): you can play the games whenever you like, but IMHO it is advisable to actually collect the 'reward' ring in the temple only when you really need it (e.g. when you've lost a ring and need to get it again to move on with the sequence). If you collect the 'reward' ring in the middle of the 7-ring game, the game itself breaks up, and it may be hard to start the sequence again  in the 'proper' way, in order to move on with it.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 15 2006, 11:08

An overview of the 7 rings game

Let's count up all the rings available in the game:

1-3: tree, crab and shell - free to take any time.
4-6: scorpion, turtle island, mantis island - to be picked up in sequence along the dolphins tour.
7: temple - reward for any number of mini-games (swords/pianos/balls) or free as 7th ring after the dolphins tour. You usually will get only one ring for the games, no matter how many of them you finish, but some players have managed to collect 2 or even 3 rings in this way. This is still a bit of a mystery - see some of the posts that follow.
8-9: carried by ants. There's a red ant in the ant cave and a blue flying ant at the origin (you can see the path that the blue ant follows here).

Alternative choices

With two rings collected around the origin, the 'spirit is proud of you' and you can go for the stonehenge-turtle island-dolphins-horses-mantis-temple guided tour (rings 4-6). You can leave or shorten the tour as follows:

1.  before or after the scorpion ring by going back and touching the origin
2.  on turtle island before picking up the ring by:
(i)  touching the ring on top of the stone arch where you came in, which will take you back to the origin; or
(ii)  feeding the shell on the beach behind the snakes with pearls, which will take you straight to the dolphins (but you will eventually lack the turtle island ring to complete the game)
3.  at the dolphins through the diamond ring at the underwater castle.

Collecting rings from the ants

Both ant rings need some practice; you have to lock on them, get close and then approach (to get the red ant's ring), or throw pearls (at the blue ant's ring) from straight ahead - and I mean dead straight ahead (like this - that's what requires practice...). Bumping into the red ant is apparently considered offensive and will mean punishment (burning cactus and the loss of one ring). Just aim slightly upwards, and you will get the ring and a trip through Rebirth Tunnel.

To be picked up by the blue ant you need to wait near the origin in this area. The ant follows a repeated route like this. If you start to think it's impossible to get his ring, here's some proof that it can be done.

Completing the game by missing the dolphins tour

So, there is one kind of tour through TresLunas that will complete the game without going to the dolphins (just in case you're in some kind of hurry...). Except for #3 (scorpion needing the proud spirit), all other rings can be picked in any order:

1. blue flying ant (I prefer this first because it's a little tricky..)
2. tree, so now the spirit is proud - and you're already close to:
3. scorpion, but then go back to the cactus instead of stonehenge
4. any of the mini-games you like for the temple ring
5-6. crab and shell on the beach
7. red ant in the ant cave
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: May 15 2006, 12:03

A highly unusual version of the 7-ring game (with three games rings)

There is a bit of a mystery about the red ant's ring. A number of players have thought that the ring could only be collected from the red ant as number 7 (as did I); but I've definitely succeeded in collecting it as number 1, on one occasion!

This proved to be a very unusual game. Having obtained the red ant ring, I went and played the piano game, the spiky ball/rings game, and the swords game, and (amazingly) won a ring on each occasion, leaving me with 4 rings. So - off to the tree for the fifth, the shell for the sixth, and finally the crab for the seventh - and was promptly whisked off through the tunnel to see the cats and the fairy, without having done the usual scorpion/island/horse/mantis sequence.

The really unusual feature here is that, having taken the red ant ring as number 1, I won three rings by playing the piano/rings/swords game.

Since then, I've completed a slightly different version as follows:
(1) red ant (2) blue flying ant (3) rings game (4) piano game (5) swords game (6) tree (7) crab.

It seems that if you take the red ant ring as number 1, then a ring can be won from all three mini-games.
Profile PM 
the_bulldog Offline

Posted: June 04 2006, 19:37

Winning two rings from the games

I have managed to win two "games" rings in a session. In these instances, I lost the Scorpion ring, hence missing the Turtle Island and Horses rings, because I was picked up by the flying saucer. I still completed these games by winning two games rings. (As I have only won the swords game twice, I cannot comment on whether it might allow a third games ring reward.)

The non-linear nature of the game

With Tr3s Lunas, almost every possible action, or path, must include a series of alternative consequences, because there are so many OTHER possibilities. It also seems that some of these paths rely heavily on what one has done BEFORE that path. It is difficult to chart almost every action, and then sort out which ones had any effect later on in the game. Many of the paths that I have taken seem to yield a rather linear pattern, until I read some of the threads here (red ant ring #1, for instance) and all of my theories come crashing down!
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 30 2006, 06:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net