Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Children of Ireland TB for UK Christmas No. 1< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 14 2013, 20:59

If you haven't already heard about the campaign to get Tom Newman's Children of Ireland Tubular Bells single to Christmas Number 1 in the UK, now's the time to take notice!

Buy a copy from iTunes UK, Amazon UK, or any other retailer which reports its sales data back to the Official Chart Company, between now and 23:59 GMT on December 21st and you can help the single rise to the prestigious number 1 slot!
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 16 2013, 16:00

I bought couple from their official website back when they released it. I hope that still counts...
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2013, 14:08

Quote (Black Bunik @ Dec. 16 2013, 13:00)
I bought couple from their official website back when they released it. I hope that still counts...

Probably not, there must be a start date, otherwise Bing Crosby's White Christmas, released 60 years ago, would win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_singles
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Dec. 20 2013, 15:47

Quote (Black Bunik @ Dec. 16 2013, 20:00)

That's the unfortunate thing with the campaign - it was something someone came up with after the single had come out, so I imagine a lot of the interested people had already bought it.

Olivier's right, though, the charts only cover a one week period - in this case, it started at 1 minute past midnight on the 15th and will end at midnight (UK time) on Saturday.

I'll also have to clarify whether sales via Viral's website count at all - I'd assumed that their sales wouldn't be reported back to the Official Chart Company, but Tom's been assuring people that sales on the site do count. It certainly only applies to sales at UK retailers.

According to this article from the Official Chart Company, the Children of Ireland single doesn't seem to be in the running...we'd better all go out and buy as many copies as we can to ward off Simon Cowell and his cronies ;)
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2013, 06:03

I have heard it and it's quite brilliant. To be honest it is better than anything MO has done for a long time.
Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2013, 05:41

Quote (ian @ Dec. 21 2013, 06:03)
I have heard it and it's quite brilliant. To be honest it is better than anything MO has done for a long time.

You have heard quite right. I can confirm. It is F****** (sorry kids) brilliant. It definitely deserves the attention and it is well worth buying and supporting the cause. Love it, really I do.
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2014, 19:26

I thought the MC was a little unexciting, but side two is amazing!

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 05 2014, 18:37

I loved that the MC introduced the schools and the bells of the cathedral. In fact, I really liked the entire work--part II is absolutely lovely and maybe I need to go back to the original TB, but this version/interpretation engaged me more deeply.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
7 replies since Dec. 14 2013, 20:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net