[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Chant In Taurus 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
EeToN Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 29 2003, 19:44

Quote (olracUK @ Nov. 17 2003, 19:31)
don't take it to pieces, adore it. Hum it in your head. Sing along. Drink whiskey and dance around.

I'm a teatotaller and I can't dance or sing. :) However, I adore it as much as I can.

Why do you take this topic soooo seriously? I enjoy all the moments of Taurus II from the first till the last one, I know and love all its notes. However, I must be mad but it's also fun to me to find out what the exact lyrics are. ;) Don't ask me: I don't know why. :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Nicolas Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2005, 04:04

Like I said in another thread, Taurus 2 sounds to me like:

"looola lowaala laala lolaaaaaa!" etc.

That's just me being overly happy by the time he reaches that part of Taurus 2 and singing loudly along (you do not WANT to know the volume level of my stereo at that point :D).

My lyrics MUST be correct, as they are perfect gibberish! ;)

But if I really listen to it, it does sound like "Sana Rosanna" and the like indeed, it's much more complex than loolaaa etc). But I do hear a "rololo wala-wala" (17.33) in it and I would be really glad if it was that what they sang :D.

I really like vocoders, the way in which they bring the modified voices to perfect pitch makes the voice a special instrument.  Not that I'm normally complaining about the pitch of Maggie Reilly, but a vocoder just is different :). It's not about "better/worse", just different.

btw starting at 11.15 the vocoded sounds are just "zyggezagge" over and over and over again. To me. :)
At least over here "zyggezagge" is a common gibberish expression (at least nobody I know has a meaning for it).
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 09 2011, 07:18

Quote (Ugo @ Nov. 12 2003, 15:14)
Mike said it was an experiment with his voice, trying to make it sound like some international phone call. :)

A very long distance call.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 09 2011, 08:53

@ nightspore: thinking back on that (and on the answer he gave to me and Korgscrew a long time ago), I'd say that he was simply referring to a telephone effect being applied to a voice (Maggie's?). But why would he need a vocoder to do that? It's much simpler to obtain with equalization...

@ Nicolas: The opening words are definitely "Sana Rosana". All of the other words are questionable because they are sort-of blurred by the vocal effect, whatever it is. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 09 2011, 09:13

Quote (Ugo @ May 09 2011, 08:53)
@ nightspore: thinking back on that (and on the answer he gave to me and Korgscrew a long time ago), I'd say that he was simply referring to a telephone effect being applied to a voice (Maggie's?). But why would he need a vocoder to do that? It's much simpler to obtain with equalization...

"vocoder" has a nicer ring to it  :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2011, 23:18

"Ruru" is a Hindu figure. So is Ruru Bhairava, but that's another story  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Sammy Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2011, 02:45

Okay, here's another angle to the Taurus II lyrics proceedings. Strictly just for fun, mind you!

Not having English as my mother tongue, I probably hear it differently (or to be more precise of course I hear the same but would write it down differently). I always thought it sounded a bit like a mix of some Polynesian language and Japanese - the latter in the sense that, to me, the chant sounds like it's made of syllabic words. Perhaps this slightly reflects my own Finnish background.

So here goes:

Sanaro tanata
Ru girra wada
Sanaro tanaru wir.
Rudura wanaka
Durrari rada
Sanaro tanaru gir.
Gadari wo gar, Ra riyagi ana
Sabadomi gor -
Ru durua rawada...

(-> start again)

Of course it's just nonsense but funny how differently we seem to hear it.

Has anyone tried to listen to it backwards? Who knows maybe it's Mike's (or Maggie's) shopping list transcribed in reverse :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2017, 21:27

I don't think that anyone has posted the words to the vocoder section of Taurus 2. If anyone has, could they direct me to them, please?
Profile PM 
27 replies since Aug. 27 2001, 16:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net