Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Changeling Book Discussion in Second Life< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 30 2007, 00:20

Join us in Second Life in the Reader's Garden on Cybrary City II (33, 230, 22) for a book discussion of Changeling, led by Zippedy Zabelin.
Time: Sunday, 15 July 2007 12PM SLT (same as Pacific Time).

The program will focus on a series of respectful discussion questions. For information on joining Second Life, which offers free basic memberships, visit www.secondlife.com.
[Location updated 04-07-07]

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 30 2007, 05:46

I hope to be there.
Thanks for organising.

Clotty Fellini
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 02 2007, 19:15

Who are "us"?

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: July 04 2007, 23:34

Two of your tubular.net administrators. Ah...and let me add, if anyone gets into SL and needs a landmark or a teleport, instant message (IM) Korrigan Keynes (my SL name).
Edited to add:  Here is the SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cybrary%20City%20II/38/244/22/ for inworld use. If you click on the link from here, you will be taken to a page explaining slurls. <-:

--------------
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: July 16 2007, 00:18

Thanks to all who participated today! We had a nice turnout!

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 16 2007, 13:56

I was curious but, as 'Second Life' looks like it might be another obsession waiting to happen, I decided not to create an account to join the discussion. Hopefully it went well.

I wonder if this event was the impetus behind the seventy guests that popped in the other day? On medication at the time, I thought I might have imagined it, but it's apparently a new record for most visitors online.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 17 2007, 07:54

Thanks for hosting the event Inkanta (Korrigan) and of course Zippedy!!!

Enjoyed my first book discussion and my first event in SL. Also nice to see you trying to convert the Harry Potter fan to a Mike Oldfield fan ;-)

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2007, 22:44

A bit of a delayed response...but I had the fun part (converting someone who had mistakingly shown up for a Harry Potter book discussion--as we all know, there isn't any such thing as a coincidence, hahahaha! ) but Zippedy did all the hard work of having to lead the thing. :D   BTW...Zip did a concert last week (telling tales out of world) that was fantastic!!  IMHO, SL is a great venue for musicians. It's not the only one out there, of course, but it's a way to reach new people and perspective fans. Besides, at the end of a long day, where else can you catapult yourself--or parachute off the Fernsehturm @ Alexanderplatz? :D :D :D

--------------
Profile PM 
7 replies since June 30 2007, 00:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net