Topic: Chalfont St Giles Map< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 26 2003, 14:40

Where Mike lives...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2003, 17:09

forgive me to say this, i don't want to spoil anything... but while looking at the map, i was thinking if i were mike i might not like to see my neighbourhood marked with a red spot on a public place... kind'an uncomfortable feeling...
maybe it's just that i'm a bit distrustful.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 02 2003, 23:51

The fact is,if you go check out Yahoo Maps UK,where I got this map,you can get by just typing it the name of the place.

IMHO,it would be a real trouble if I had the address and showed it on the map.And I would never do a stupid thing like that(and I agree with you).And my head would be not here with me.

The cross doesn´t mean anything related to a specific place.It´s just a reference sign.

What I intended with this is to show where is it,since many ppl would like to know,since some England maps for tourists doesn´t show it.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 03 2003, 08:56

My intention when I decided to put this small map is to get to know where the city(village) is in England,not ever where exactly Mike´s house is.It´s so small that many England maps doesn´t show it,and some fans would like to know.

This map I got from Yahoo Maps UK and Ireland.The red cross is just a reference sign from the map itself.Go to their page and type in the name of the city Chalfont St Giles and this is the map you´re going to get.

I don´t want to encorage ppl to go there and try to annoy Mike trying to find out where he lives.And rememember that he doesn´t like fanatics.

I do feel the same feeling you had if I were him.The reason I wrote this is to explain what I wanted by putting this map here.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2003, 12:56

Don't worry, Tati, I think it's perfectly OK. Obviously it's no big secret in which town he lives (though I must say I didn't know, nor am I very much interested), so anyone can look up the place on a map. So, no big deal to put one here.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 05 2003, 18:04

I can add that Mike's house is nowhere near the red cross. If it was, I'd have taken the image down already.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2003, 07:51

Actualy the red cross marks the point where Noel Gallagher lives, the map was origianly going to be used by the Royal Air Force for bombing practice. ;)
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Sep. 19 2006, 07:24

Actualy the red cross marks the point where Noel Gallagher lives, the map was origianly going to be used by the Royal Air Force for bombing practice.  

LOL

I believe the red cross is actually above the Milton's Head pub. So equally useful to give to the Royal Air Force imo unless it has changed since I lived in Chalfont St Giles.  I do recommend the Fox and Hounds though. :-)

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Sep. 20 2006, 04:21

Mike has already left Chalfont for his new home near Bristol. Not quite sure if he kept the place but it was for sale for a couple of weeks.
Profile PM 
8 replies since Aug. 26 2003, 14:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net