Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Celtic Rain Sample, Sampled by Snoop Dogg< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Skeletor Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 08 2008, 18:48

I forgot to post this a month or two back, but I thought that I might as well mention that the rapper, Snoop Dogg used a sample of "Celtic Rain" in his song "Why Did You Leave Me" for his 2008 album Ego Trippin'.

Personally I think that it's a bad use of good music... But there ya go...
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 09 2008, 01:07

God I miss the '70s.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2008, 15:58

I'm listening to Why Did You Leave Me right now. You can hear the Celtic Rain melody all the time. This track is somewhat faster than the original, it's not great but Mike's melody sure makes Snoop Dogg sound better.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2008, 16:25

Quote (Harmono @ Oct. 04 2008, 20:58)
I'm listening to Why Did You Leave Me right now. You can hear the Celtic Rain melody all the time. This track is somewhat faster than the original, it's not great but Mike's melody sure makes Snoop Dogg sound better.

I have a 70 year old uncle in New York who absolutely loves Snoop Dogg..I don`t really know what the relevance of that is I just thought I`d mention it..   :p You`re right Harmono it it speeded up a fair bit I`ve just been checking it out myself on you tube

Here are some random comments posted by youtube users...

Great song. Sample on the background is Enya- Celtic Rain. Can't stop listening!

this song is the best song on ego trippin.also i think the best song he has ever made.i have been listening to this track since say one of the ablum dropping.i love this song.its my favorite song and im glad to see yall love it too.

wtf is dude talkn bout snoop did his thing on the track but itz nuthin without the dude on the hook.

I love it?
I've listened to it a millions times i think.I've just lost my boyfriends, this is exactly how I feel!

love the instrumental where can i get it

your an idiot, its Celtic Rain from mike oldsfield.

Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2008, 17:06

Dirk Star, You're uncle must an interesting man.

Quite funny some of those comments there. Always so polite and well-informed too. These three are just perfect. I've no idea what the first one means but it cracks me up.
Quote (Dirk Star @ Oct. 04 2008, 22:25)
wtf is dude talkn bout snoop did his thing on the track but itz nuthin without the dude on the hook.

I love it?
I've listened to it a millions times i think.I've just lost my boyfriends, this is exactly how I feel!

Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2008, 17:37

Quote (Harmono @ Oct. 04 2008, 22:06)

Quite funny some of those comments there. Always so polite and well-informed too. These three are just perfect. I've no idea what the first one means but it cracks me up.
Quote (Dirk Star @ Oct. 04 2008, 22:25)

I love it?

Yeah that first one cracked me up as well..To be honest I originaly thought that "the guy with the hook" was a referance to Mike in some way.But I think "the hook" as he calls it could well just be the chorussy bit which some gentleman called Acorn is on apparently.. ;) And there was me thinking there was a woman`s voice on there??I don`t know I`m lost off completely now heh heh...

Well I hav`nt seen him in years because he does`nt care for flying although his wife(my auntie) comes over every year to visit.But yeah they live in an apartment building in Flushing Meadow and he`s like this 70 year old white dude who loves to blast out Snoop Doggy Dogg for all the neighbours to "enjoy" as well so I`m told   :D
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2008, 18:31

This is nice stuff - I wouldn't say it's the best thing I've ever heard from Snoop, but it's quite interesting he used that sample of all things when Mike has done many things that would be quite a bit more obvious for use in a hip hop context.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 07:43

This amazed me when I read it, and I don't think it sounds out of place really, It is interesting who likes Mikes work, what with Janet Jackson using parts of TB2 and Michael Jackson wanting to work with Mike after hearing The Killing Fields!!
Profile PM 
7 replies since May 08 2008, 18:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net