Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: cd version of original mix ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
scriabine Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 05 2004, 20:11

Exist it a cd version of original mix of HR ?
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2004, 05:03

Yes, but it's the kind of CD you can't buy in the shops <nudge, nudge, wink, wink>.

The only official appearance of the original mix on CD that I know about is an exerpt of Part One inluded on the first pressings of The Complete compilation, and even this has since reverted to the Boxed remix.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
scriabine Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2004, 19:18

Thanks Jules  :)
Profile PM 
mindphaser Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 08:34

@familyjules: Is it possible to tell which CD version of "The Complete" contains the original mix and which contains the remix of HR? Are there different "matrix numbers" on the CD? I've just "remastered" the original mix from vinyl myself and it turned out to be almost perfect - the only real problem is exactly in the section which appears on "The Complete": the end section of part 1 (bells, choir and very deep bass) which is so heavily compressed on the vinyl version that it sounds really bad. If there's really the original mix on my "Complete" CD (which seems to be quite old), I'd try to replace the critical part from the vinyl with the one from the CD... don't know if that works...  :/

--------------
www.facebook.com/thesiliconscientist
soundcloud.com/the-silicon-scientist‎
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2005, 10:27

Quote (mindphaser @ Aug. 16 2005, 08:34)
@familyjules: Is it possible to tell which CD version of "The Complete" contains the original mix and which contains the remix of HR? Are there different "matrix numbers" on the CD? I've just "remastered" the original mix from vinyl myself and it turned out to be almost perfect - the only real problem is exactly in the section which appears on "The Complete": the end section of part 1 (bells, choir and very deep bass) which is so heavily compressed on the vinyl version that it sounds really bad. If there's really the original mix on my "Complete" CD (which seems to be quite old), I'd try to replace the critical part from the vinyl with the one from the CD... don't know if that works...  :/

If you have the old version of Complete in the thick double box, chances are it contains an excerpt of the original mix of HR.  The reissue, in the slimline case, has the remix.

I think you'll have a hard job matching up vinyl and CD sources, but good luck anyway!

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
knife edge Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2005, 05:51

Me too is interested in the original version CD (or digital "equivalent"... :p)!

If someone can help me... also in pvt! ;)

bye
Andrea
Profile PM 
lostrom Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2006, 22:31

Quote (knife edge @ Nov. 18 2005, 05:51)
Me too is interested in the original version CD (or digital "equivalent"... :p)!

If someone can help me... also in pvt! ;)

bye
Andrea

Mail me and I can help you with this.
Profile PM 
Amarok1_Happy? Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2011, 21:47

Here we go, first post in 5 years. If there is anyone out there... I have been trying to find an orig. cd version of Hergest for a while, as far as I can tell the first press was in 86', then I was shocked by the fact that, apparently the boxed remix was the only one to be carried onto cd?!?? the one with the long bassline in early part one?  

Anyway, can someone confirm for me that the original 80's cd release is actually that version, because frankly, I didn't expect that...

Thanks
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2011, 06:38

Quote (Amarok1_Happy? @ Sep. 01 2011, 21:47)
Here we go, first post in 5 years. If there is anyone out there... I have been trying to find an orig. cd version of Hergest for a while, as far as I can tell the first press was in 86', then I was shocked by the fact that, apparently the boxed remix was the only one to be carried onto cd?!?? the one with the long bassline in early part one?  

Anyway, can someone confirm for me that the original 80's cd release is actually that version, because frankly, I didn't expect that...

Thanks

All CD versions prior to the 'deluxe edition' used the Boxed remix.

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2011, 09:46

...and even the second CD of the Deluxe Edition doesn't have the original Original Mix, as it's been slightly retouched.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
9 replies since Aug. 05 2004, 20:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net