Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Caroline vs Virgin< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
christopher Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 30 2000, 23:45

i am curious... on the US and Canadian sites they list the record company to release the remasters as Caroline just like with the old cd's... but on the UK and European sites they have Virgin listed as the releaser. Does anyone know if there are ANY differences in the Caroline and Virgin releases of the remasters???? i would greatly appreciate any help in this before i spend the money to be disappointed by another Caroline release! Thank you in advance to all! :-)

Christopher
Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: July 31 2000, 04:09

What do you mean by "disappointed by another Caroline release". Have you had problems with their releases of the originals? My CD copies of Ommadawn and Incantations (not remasters) are the Caroline versions and I can't see anything wrong with them.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: July 31 2000, 13:44

hiya rosko... imho the caroline releases are VERY cheap looking in appearance... especially the cd's themsleves! all the virgin releases have picture covers on the cd itself instead of boring old text. so i was wondering if the caroline releases were just as bad looking for the remasters as they were with original releases? plus when i was in england in 97... all the releases had clear sides unlike the US releases on caroline. these are the differences i have noticed and don't want to repeat buying. thank you in advance for your help! :-)

christopher
Profile PM 
TubularUSA Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2000, 14:45

The Caroline releases for the HDCD Remasters are improved over the original releases. Above all, the music quality is excellent (this is the primary reason for buying them). However, the artwork still does not include all the original vinyl booklets, but there is a little more information. The CDs themselves have an interesting design done up in different solid colors for each album. The case is now clear and they look a lot better. The only CD that doesn't look any different is Exposed - but I'd get it anyway just to have the remaster.

Caroline does a great job and offers them at much better prices compared to the UK counterparts. I would highly recommend them for serious Mike fans.
Profile PM 
3 replies since July 30 2000, 23:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net