Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can't post on certain topics< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 05:34

For some reason I'm not able to reply on the News topics. I had tried to post the stuff about the Word Magazine podcast on here at the same time as I was sending it to the Amarok mailing list but received the following message:

“Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic”

Is this because I'm a "musician" rather than a "member"?
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 05:48

:) No it's just because you are not an admin. ; for news on magazines you have to contact Korgscrew or Olivier .
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 05:50

I understand only moderators can create new news topics, I was just trying to add a reply to the "Hergest Ridge + Ommadawn reissues in April" thread.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 05:52

:D Ohh ok sorry , so in this case i don't know why you can't post .

EDIT:

Just tried and it works fine here !
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 06:10

Iv noticed that trying to post a reply on the HR and Ommadawn topic is slow at the moment. Maybe there is a limit to input at normal speed, and slows the longer the thread grows. Deb
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 07:59

Quote (Mat Cochrane @ Jan. 26 2010, 10:34)
For some reason I'm not able to reply on the News topics. I had tried to post the stuff about the Word Magazine podcast on here at the same time as I was sending it to the Amarok mailing list but received the following message:

“Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic”

Is this because I'm a "musician" rather than a "member"?

Hmmm, shouldn't be that, other "Musicians" have posted ok in the past (e.g. Sir M in this news thread). I'll see if Olivier or korgscrew have any bright ideas...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 11:32

I don't have a very insightful answer to this, other than that you're basically right that it's to do with you being a 'Musician' rather than a plain 'Member'. The permissions had been reset for some reason (that's the bit I don't have much of an answer to - I know it's happened but I don't know why)...it should all be back to normal now!

Topics being slow...certainly the more general load there is on the server (both in terms of the number of users and the amount of data it's being expected to deliver), the slower it's going to get. There was a time when tubular.net was running on a shared hosting package which didn't really have the resources to support the level of use the forum was getting and they'd shut the script down every now and then but it ought to be fine now...still, the forum does tend to get more visitors when there's a hot news topic, so it's not impossible that's causing a slight slowdown.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2010, 12:40

Thank you very much, Korgscrew.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2010, 11:29

I've never had any problem accessing or posting in any forum. They all load up at lightning speed. This is the fastest site to link to. I guess the designers did something very right.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2010, 02:54

Hey Jimbo your new PC obviously is faster than the old one. Im being cheap using my mobile! Lucky I get the service I do get. Definitely waiting for the Apple I Pad!                                  Mat did you manage to sort the problem? I hope so. Korgscrew gave good advice. Hope to seeing you post again soon and let us hear your work. Deb
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2010, 10:46

Korgscrew and Matt sorted me out. I even did a test post (now, thankfully deleted) to make sure that it worked.

In terms of more stuff for you to hear, I'm mostly doing music/audio stuff for work now and I don't want to plug commercial products on here. If I ever get the time I shall try to get some kind of website together with some examples of stuff I've done.
Profile PM 
10 replies since Jan. 26 2010, 05:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net