[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can you play good?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oblique Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 28 2006, 12:10

Can I play good?

No.  :/

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2006, 12:42

Its interesting, I can play some of the more complex stuff like Taurus 3, spanish bit off Tub 3 etc  but some of the complex solos like Ommadawn note for note I find  very hard. Its that bit that runs down the fret and the bit after it on Ommadawn that has had me stumped for years. Perhaps one day it will click but perhaps my hearing lets me down a bit as I can play by ear but perhaps not pitch perfect.

Without wanting to copy Mike, I have always practiced his style from the ge of 16 as he is a good level of skill to aim for.

I don't know if anyone else has worked this out but I have a pattern of notes on the fret that are always the same, you just move it up or down depending on what key its in. Once you have that memorised, its half the effort. The difficult bit is trying not to play the same old order or pattern of notes.
Profile PM WEB 
Rileman Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 05:21

Quote (Piltdownboy on horseback 22 @ Mar. 28 2006, 10:34)
I find it's cool just to try and play along with some stuff. I can play a riff from FMO, a bit from Voyager, and some little bits. I like that. For example the bass riff of the first section of Bells!
I also think TB2 is very suitable to try and play along with, and also Voyager and Guitars. I once tried Jungle Gardenia. That bit is hard. but I got it quite nice!
Is there anyone who tried the bass from Platinum????
It's too difficult for me ;)

The bass on Platinum? On which track?

--------------
It's not easy going where no-one goes, and no-one knows...
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2006, 08:44

On the four parts that are platinum itself, I meant. Especially the first part, if I remember correctly :)
maybe it isn't that hard after all, and I didn't do enough effort ;) could be...  :laugh:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Morti Offline

Posted: April 03 2006, 18:00

I'm loving playing the Platinum bass (from part 3, I believe) at the moment, thanks to whoever tabbed that.

I was pleased when I managed to get most of Taurus 3 down but I'm not quite good enough to pull that one off consistently. ;)

Serpent's Dream I can do though, which is nice, and I'm working my way through Tubular Bells.

--------------
The ear worm became the synonym for the commercial side of MIKE OLDFIELD.
Profile PM WEB 
24 replies since Jan. 17 2005, 10:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net