Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can you help?, searching for an artist's name...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
omgmo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 23 2019, 17:49

I can recall, 15-20 years ago, listening on the radio to a cover of Mike's "Moonlight Shadow", sung by a female artist. The cover was slower and less loud than the original, with few instruments. I think there was a saxophone near the end of the song, and also perhaps a harp. It was very sweet. As far as I can remember the artist's name was "Fiorella", but I am not 100% sure.

Can anyone confirm this? or give the right name? Does anyone know Fiorella? Perhaps she was another artist of that period. Also, country of origin or other songs?

I have repeatedly searched on the web, but...
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 24 2019, 15:20

There is an italian singer namned Fiorella Pierobon who recorded a version of Moonlight Shadow in 1996. I find information about this on discogs, but sadly no clips on youtube or spotify.'

https://www.discogs.com/artist/477461-Fiorella-Pierobon/tracks

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
omgmo Offline

Posted: June 24 2019, 16:56

Oh, how I thank you, larstangmark...

Yes, it must be my Fiorella! As I can see on discogs, on her 1996 release that includes "Moonlight Shadow" her surname has been omitted. So, then she was just... Fiorella.

It would be nice now if I could find somewhere and listen to the song again, after so many years...

I didn't hope for such an instant response. Thanks!
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 23 2019, 17:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net