Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can anyone identify this Mike-ish tune?, ...or is it Mike?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 05 2016, 05:46

I chanced upon this video on Youtube:

this video

It starts out with a tune that to me sounds very much like it could be a Mike demo from the 80s (with cheap-sounding drum machine, so it couldn't be a finished track by him). I'd almost be inclined to believe it could be the re-discovered track from the 1984 Suite (which I haven't heard yet), but since it says on Youtube the video was published in 2013, that couldn't be it.

So, what / who is it? Probably not Mike, but close enough to be interesting, I'd say. Can anyone identify this incomplete tune? (The video doesn't give a source, unfortunately.)
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 05 2016, 14:09

I think it sounds a lot more recent than the 80s - the styling is 80s, but based on the sound quality it's probably been recorded in the last ten years.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 05 2016, 14:45

Quote (Mat Cochrane @ Nov. 05 2016, 20:09)
I think it sounds a lot more recent than the 80s - the styling is 80s, but based on the sound quality it's probably been recorded in the last ten years.

You're right, I hadn't thought about that. And I guess I should just have watched the video to the end, because now I found the bandcamp link given there...

I kind of misunderstood what the uploader was doing. It is in fact his own music, whereas I thought that only the VIC-20 stuff was his and he'd prepended someone else's music as an intro.

Anyway, here's the bandcamp link. The track is the last one, "Pressure". The other tracks are cool as well. The guy has a lot of stuff up there...
Profile PM 
2 replies since Nov. 05 2016, 05:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net