Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can anyone do me a little service?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Weightless Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 08 2005, 11:07

Last week I tried to rip my (very well-worn) Amarok CD onto my computer, for putting it on my mp3 player afterwords...all seemed to go well, but after listening once i heard that there was some noise, scraping and skipping at one special place..

afterwards, I have seen that this also happens on some older cd-players which is not as good as my hi-fi  (or whatever you call it...I don't know the exact translation of the Norwegian word I'm looking for)

I don't want to buy a new cd just for this, so I wondered if any of you guys could send me the part I'm missing ... it's from 12:08 to 12:24 in my file ... but I don't know exactly if the place it continues is the right one ... but the whole file is 60:02 long, at least...

I have a good deal of experience in the field of digital audio editing, so merging the piece should go great.

So if anyone just took 12:00 to 12:30 as a pretty high-quality mp3, and sent it to divad.tk@gmail.com .. I would be very happy!

Thanks in advance     ( <- that's possible to say in english, isn't it?)
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 24 2005, 14:40

You know. A simple 'No Thanks'  would have been nice.
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2005, 21:29

Quote (Weightless @ Jan. 08 2005, 11:07)
it's from 12:08 to 12:24 in my file ...

I can't imagine the work to patch this in. I'd do it for you but do not know how to even extract from an MP3 like this. The request to me seemed similar to "My print of the Mona Lisa got damaged. Could someone e-mail me a square JPG of the section below her left eye"?

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2005, 04:50

Quote (hiawatha @ Jan. 24 2005, 21:29)
Quote (Weightless @ Jan. 08 2005, 11:07)
it's from 12:08 to 12:24 in my file ...

I can't imagine the work to patch this in. I'd do it for you but do not know how to even extract from an MP3 like this. The request to me seemed similar to "My print of the Mona Lisa got damaged. Could someone e-mail me a square JPG of the section below her left eye"?

Speaking of patches and left eyes, it now appears your avatar is wearing one over his!

LOL

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Weightless Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2005, 11:00

Quote (TanGram @ Jan. 24 2005, 14:40)
You know. A simple 'No Thanks'  would have been nice.

What do you mean? Just because I didn't reply to your PM in three days, you think that I don't want it?

Anyways ... i still DO want it, that 20 seconds or the whole thing if you can fit it into my gmail inbox  (is there a maximum file size for attachmens?)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 28 2005, 11:33

Sometimes I think certain people are deliberately looking for a fight...

Anyway, I have a question, Weightless: when you ripped the CD, did you just do it at the highest speed possible? I ask because, some software gives the option to either rip very quickly, or to do a more careful reading of the disc. Getting it to read at a slower pace would quite likely help, as I think the problem here is the fact that the errors introduced by doing a high speed rip are adding up with those introduced by the CD being worn, resulting in them being at such a level that they cause the noises you're hearing.
You could also try cleaning the lens on your CD drive - dirty lenses can also contribute reading errors.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2005, 14:08

Quote (familyjules @ Jan. 25 2005, 04:50)
Speaking of patches and left eyes, it now appears your avatar is wearing one over his!

He's an actual historic figure who lost an eye playing lacrosse. He then grew his hair so it would hang over the socket.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Weightless Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2005, 16:45

things are okay by now ... i got my part ...
Profile PM 
7 replies since Jan. 08 2005, 11:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net