Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'Buy' link added to mikeoldfield.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 29 2009, 20:00

Quote (Fine_old_Tom @ April 29 2009, 06:35)
Does anybody here at Tubular.net have contacts with the folks behind the website or the record company? Give them a heads up about this. It's seriously pi***ng off Mike's most dedicated fans... :(

Yes; I've fired off an email to a couple important people at the record company, so hopefully this will all get cleared up soon.

The two lists certainly seem to share a lot of characteristics; the initial confirmation email is different, though (but then confirming that gets you the same MOTS email that people have mentioned). My initial feeling was that the 'buy' form is just signing people up to the existing news mailing list (and it would certainly explain why people aren't getting confirmation emails), but just a few little details led me to decide it was better to get proper official confirmation before making a firm statement on that. It's possible that it signs you up to essentially the same list, but also registers a preference for receiving Tubular Bells news, for example (but then, I'd guess they'd want to send out Tubular Bells news to the whole of the general Mike Oldfield list...so who knows).

The sad thing is that I think there is - or at least was - enthusiasm and passion there, but it's got lost somewhere in all of this. Perhaps the corporate structure just isn't well suited to it...whatever the cause, I think it's fair to say we're all left wishing they'd been more open to suggestions and offers of assistance. Not to say that we're perfect or anything - just that teamwork can help to iron out weak points.

We'll see what comes...
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2009, 03:49

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 30 2009, 02:00)
Yes; I've fired off an email to a couple important people at the record company, so hopefully this will all get cleared up soon.

Excellent! Thanks for that Korgscrew!
What would we do without you!!
I'm sure it will all sort itself out in the end..  ;)

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
roys1 Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 04:39

I have sent replies about 10 times to the BUY link but have never recieved an email.. How do I get to find out if it worked? Along with other members here I would love an Ultimate package but don't know if my registation has gone in...

Roy S
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 30 2009, 08:49

I've had a reply back to say that the problem report/questions have been passed on to the people dealing with the website, so no conclusive answer yet about why so many people aren't getting confirmation emails (I did specifically ask whether this was because it's just the same list as before). Hopefully someone will do something about it eventually!

In the meantime, I've been told that there will be more than 500 ultimate editions, which will be available through standard retail outlets - it's just the signed copies (of which there will be 500) which are only available through mikeoldfield.com.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 09:50

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 30 2009, 13:49)
I've had a reply back to say that the problem report/questions have been passed on to the people dealing with the website, so no conclusive answer yet about why so many people aren't getting confirmation emails (I did specifically ask whether this was because it's just the same list as before). Hopefully someone will do something about it eventually!

In the meantime, I've been told that there will be more than 500 ultimate editions, which will be available through standard retail outlets - it's just the signed copies (of which there will be 500) which are only available through mikeoldfield.com.

That is interesting news! I did wonder whether it would turn out to be something like that.
And if you can order a UE on Amazon for £70 I wonder how much more it will cost to get a signed copy? I'm not sure I'm going to be interested in spending way over the odds just to get MO's signature (no offence intended to Mike of course) - if I can still get all the same stuff for a lot less money  :O

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts Korgscrew  :cool:

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 10:08

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ April 30 2009, 15:50)
I'm not sure I'm going to be interested in spending way over the odds just to get MO's signature (no offence intended to Mike of course) - if I can still get all the same stuff for a lot less money  :O

Anyway, in my opinion, an autograph is important only if the artist give it to you in person.

So, don't worry.

;)

I own several Mike's autographs and the most important is the one he gave me in person....

:cool:

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
valiado Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 10:11

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 30 2009, 08:49)

Thanks for your work! ;)
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 10:13

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 30 2009, 14:49)

Excellent - hopefully the sun wil rise on the Tubular Summer after all!

Also, the Amazon mystery is now solved.

All in all - a good day! Thanks Korgscrew !!

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 11:50

Quote (yanouch65 @ April 30 2009, 15:08)
Anyway, in my opinion, an autograph is important only if the artist give it to you in person.

So, don't worry.

;)

I own several Mike's autographs and the most important is the one he gave me in person....

Yes, you're right there, I reckon.
Like you, I already have his autograph (twice in fact), but sadly I haven't obtained one in person :/. Trouble is, he's not exactly renowned for his public appearances, is he? Especially not in good ol' Blighty  ;)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 12:00

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ April 30 2009, 17:50)
Trouble is, he's not exactly renowned for his public appearances, is he?

I met him at the Madrid airport, the day after the Night of the Proms concert.
:)

He gave me the autograph in person, but was not really kind to me
:/  :)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 12:12

Quote (yanouch65 @ April 30 2009, 17:00)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ April 30 2009, 17:50)
Trouble is, he's not exactly renowned for his public appearances, is he?

I met him at the Madrid airport, the day after the Night of the Proms concert.
:)

He gave me the autograph in person, but was not really kind to me
:/  :)

Lucky you (or not?) :O

To be honest, he doesn't strike me as the sort of person who'd be glad to give you his autograph. I mean I can't imagine him being the life and soul of the party, as it were. More sort of reluctant or brusque. Perhaps he was still 'recovering' from the concert?

--------------

Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 12:33

I'd like to extend my thanks to Korgscrew as wel;, thanks fior the running around.
I think as well I'll be ok with the ultimate from amazon. Yes, nice to get a signature but as echoed on other posts it's better to get it in person.
I've not had a problem with the email. I own my own domain which might be a clue.
Have you guys tried looking in you spam folder ?
Have you tried other email providers ?
It is possible that the mailing list software is ignoring certain doamin names as being potential spam. So you could try siging up with several email providers and see how you get on.
Just off the top of my head there is gmail, yahoo, hotmail (might be called windows live now) you could try.
Could anyone confirm that they have recieved mail to any of these services ?
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 12:58

Thanks for the help, Korgscrew  :)
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 14:51

I think if you are signed up for mikeoldfield.com newsletters alreadsy it does not send a confirmation email if you try to register with the same email address again. I tried my alternative email address & got a confirmation email. I am guessing it all goes on the same list & anyone registered with mikeoldfield.com past or new members will get an email when it goes on sale. I am only guessing but the facts seem to point to this. We will all find out soon. Cant wait  :D

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 15:05

Worth registering again for the cool screensaver! If you have windows vista you need to right click & click "Run as administrator" to get it to work.  ;)

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 15:38

Quote (yanouch65 @ April 30 2009, 11:08)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ April 30 2009, 15:50)
I'm not sure I'm going to be interested in spending way over the odds just to get MO's signature (no offence intended to Mike of course) - if I can still get all the same stuff for a lot less money  :O

So, don't worry.

;)

For me the best autograph is the one the artist gives to you in person and write your name also...just signing the artist's name lacks something else,you know...not too personal.

I'm more into photos with my fav artists,but this time I'll give a try and get the signed ultimate edition,even if Mike just signs "Mike Oldfield" and nothing more  :laugh:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 16:11

I was really lucky with Mike, because I passed him 4 CD booklets to sign, and he was very nice. 2 Tubular Bells, 1 Ommadawn, and 1 Amarok!!  :)  And a photo too...!!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 04:53

Quote (Nacho @ April 30 2009, 22:11)
I was really lucky with Mike, because I passed him 4 CD booklets to sign, and he was very nice. 2 Tubular Bells, 1 Ommadawn, and 1 Amarok!!  :)  And a photo too...!!

Do you wish to share your picture? ;)

@ Korgscrew: Thanks for the news! Now we don't have to worry that the copies will run out, and we can all enjoy an Ultimate Edition (if you don't bother being it without an autograph that is).

Now the true question is how much you care if your copy includes an autograph. I think I will let it depend on the price. I failed with the play.com MOTS edition, but then again an autograph is much nicer when given in person.

The only autographs I have are not from Mike, but from his brother Terry, Tom Newman and Barry Palmer, all given in person. Terry on one of his posters, Tom on the 25th anniversary TB edition (where his picture is), and Barry on the 7" Crime of Passion.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 06:25

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ May 01 2009, 10:53)
Quote (Nacho @ April 30 2009, 22:11)

Do you wish to share your picture? ;)

No problem!!

Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 07:36

Oh yes, I've seen that one before! Tr3s Lunas right? :) Cool!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
55 replies since April 28 2009, 12:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net