Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'Buy' link added to mikeoldfield.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 28 2009, 12:08

Universal has updated mikeoldfield.com / tubularbells2009.com to include a buy link for registering interest in the Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 28 2009, 12:33

:( oh no i'm at work on the road in my truck ! Only back to home at midnight ! Please i want one copy :-D wait for me !
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 12:54

I've just registered again - let's see what happens this time  :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 13:02

Having had a look at someone else's confirmation email, I think it probably is a different list to the other one (at least it is if I've interpreted the structure of the URL in the email correctly). So...all I can say is sign up and see what happens...why people aren't getting confirmation emails (mentioned in another topic), I don't know.
Profile PM 
revster Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 13:36

registerd twice now still not had a conformation e mail :(
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 13:37

Quote (revster @ April 28 2009, 18:36)
registerd twice now still not had a conformation e mail :(

Same here  :(
Profile PM 
bob Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 13:39

Just registered and got a confirmation email almost instantly but am still waiting for a confirmation from my google account.
Has anyone tried the link to mikeoldfield.co.uk in the email it takes you to cdwow who are plugging the ultimate edition at amazon
very strange
Bob
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 13:44

I got the confirmation email with the earlier sign-up when the tubularbells2009-site had just appeared. Now that registered via the Buy-link, I also haven't received any confirmation email...  :/

I guess they sold out already  :p
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 13:56

I'm fairly certain that mikeoldfield.co.uk is a typo - that looks like a domain squatter's site to me. Whoever owns it is no doubt laughing right now...
Profile PM 
valiado Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 14:33

No confirmation mail too :(

What disaster of site!!! :(
Profile PM 
bob Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 15:44

The welcome message after you reply to the confirmation email is identical to the old MOTS one on mike olfield.com
Bob
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 21:44

I've just sent it and I'm waiting for the confirmation email too...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 00:30

If you've already registered using the 'Sign Up' link, it looks like you need to use a different e-mail address for this one, otherwise you don't receive the confirmation e-mail. That said, the confirmation e-mail is identical to the first one, so if you've already used the 'Sign Up' link I'm not sure if you really need to register again.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Olly Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 02:16

Quote (raven4x4x @ April 29 2009, 00:30)
so if you've already used the 'Sign Up' link I'm not sure if you really need to register again.

I think so too
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 02:35

So... by reading the various postings on this and the other similar subject lines it seems that 95% of registrations are 'failing' (or at least not being acknowledged). Does anybody here at Tubular.net have contacts with the folks behind the website or the record company? Give them a heads up about this. It's seriously pi***ng off Mike's most dedicated fans... :(

We have been promised a wonderful Tubular Summer - but with this rather amateur website and terrible data collection with the expression of interest form,  I've been left feeling we've been let down. I've seen this again and again being an Oldfield fan since the '70's - it's a case of sod the fans, we just want their cash. I had hoped that a move away from Virgin would change all that...... but nope!

Tubular.net is the best thing ever to enter the world of the Oldfield fan - why? Easy... it's run by fans for fans.. Just think what could happen if just one real Oldfield fan was put in charge of the TB project......

SORRY for the rant!!  Hey, I feel better already!

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 04:53

Oops, didn't noticed this topic. Like I said in the other topic I really think it's the same list as the Universal one.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 05:08

;) Same here , i've tried again but i'm waiting for the confirmation too !
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 05:18

Another email address indeed works, but you get the same email address as the Universal mailing list.

And lookie here... the tubularbells2009.com website suddenly has a Nissan banner! Ads, ads, ads....

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 07:07

Quote (Fine_old_Tom @ April 29 2009, 07:35)
We have been promised a wonderful Tubular Summer - but with this rather amateur website and terrible data collection with the expression of interest form,  I've been left feeling we've been let down. I've seen this again and again being an Oldfield fan since the '70's - it's a case of sod the fans, we just want their cash. I had hoped that a move away from Virgin would change all that...... but nope!

Tubular.net is the best thing ever to enter the world of the Oldfield fan - why? Easy... it's run by fans for fans.. Just think what could happen if just one real Oldfield fan was put in charge of the TB project......

SORRY for the rant!!  Hey, I feel better already!

Amen to that. It all looks like (sub)standard corporate marketing, don't it? Just another day at the office from Universal's point of view, no real enthusiasm or passion about any of it.

It does make me feel nostalgic for the time when MO's website was actually under his (and Fanny's) control. Okay so the forum he tried to set up sadly went into meltdown rather quickly, but the whole Music VR era and the promise of auctions and exclusive collectables and whatnot was quite exciting for a while! Too bad it couldn't have continued along the same lines - still thank goodness for tubular.net  :D

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: April 29 2009, 07:59

When i try to enter my e-mail, it doesn´t accept it and request it again. Someone knows why?. I was already registered but no e-mail about reservation was received.  :/
Profile PM 
55 replies since April 28 2009, 12:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net