[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Buy Light + Shade online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 19:51

Hi Chrisropher,

I agree with you all the way that the album should not be disected before it's even released.I like some of what I have heard so far.Not sure it will be lasting but I will wait and see.

As for the swearing...Mmmmm.I don't want to judge you at all as there for the grace of God go I but you sound intelligent enough without the use of expletives (not that I condone it with no intelligence).Thats all I am saying.

Ian. ;)
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 05:48

Quote (christopher @ Sep. 16 2005, 18:03)
SHUT THE F**K UP!?!?!

Well at least you have learnt to use the * instead of writing the whole word. See, you're growing as a person already.

Same to you!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 16:47

LOL... Thanx TubularBelle :)

Since you have been so kind I will go back and make what I had to say alittle less vulgar... thanks for taking it for what it was... a rant :)

Best Wishes
Christopher
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 08:19

Now you can get it at Amazon.co.uk and  Amazon.de

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ian Too Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 08:34

I notice that Amazon.co.uk list the album as having Pres de Toi and Lakme.

See:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec....5430202

--------------
(-: Ian :-)

Currently reading:
What Remains to be Discovered by John Maddox
Also doing far too much decorating than is good for one :)
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Freddie Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 10:33

Hello ev´rybody!

I´ve noticed the current discussion in this forum
A new Amarok - / Ommadawn- kinda album would be a treat !

But to me, personally, the most importatnt thing is that Mike makes the music that he likes.

According the the previews I´ve heard so far, I´ve think he´s done a great album ! :)

Cheers,
Fredrik

--------------
"Going on means going far. Going far means returning "

Dao Te Ching
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 11:29

Ok you lot... plz go back to page 3 and check out my edited version of what can now go down in tubular.net history as longest most vulgar rant... LOL :-P  

The edit is for everyone who challenged my statement... especially TubularBelle and Alan D

Best Wishes
Christopher
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 21:37

Ow Christopher, your edited post on page 3 was absolutely beautiful, it brought a tear to my eye, it really did, yep, it just dropped onto my keyboard and now the letter M is all wet!

For the advantage of people reading this who are now confused, Christophers original post which he has completely erased on page 3 can be read in my post on page 4, thank you for your time.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 22:14

It also is really rather frowned upon, as far as netiquette goes, to post something then majorly edit it later. I think the important thing is not to edit out what's been said already, but rather to make sure similar isn't said again. Like I said before, I think it's best to just draw a line under the whole thing and move on.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 00:09

Korgscrew I agree... lets move on.  TubularBelle that was sweet...Thank You!!!! :)  

I felt that was the best way to handle the re-write was in that manner and that's my final answer!  I knew that if anyone wanted to read the original they could refer to TubularBelle's quote of it.

Best Wishes
Christopher
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 00:16

Thanks Chris, won't say another word about it.

Just to mention that if the cd costs the same at Amazon as it does HMV can I suggest people order through HMV as in Dark Stars suggestion (re:Dark Star thread) as it might prompt some presale interest.

I also noticed that the two bonus tracks were called Pres de Toi and Lakme. What about the track 'Closer' with bagpipes that Tati mentioned, does that exist?

--------------
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 03:16

Tubularbelle - 'Pres de Toi' is 'closer with bagpipes.' Mike's just using the French title of the Hymn it is taken from.
Does your 'M' often get wet whilst reading Tubular Forum Tubularbelle? ( M for Mike).

Tim

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 03:45

Thanks Tim, yeh I wonder if I subconsciously picked the letter M.

--------------
Profile PM 
Deadcalm Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 04:04

Its a Pound cheaper at Amazon £11-99   to   HMV £12-99
I noticed it looks like the un tubular Ring in the Amazon
Artwork !!  still   66 pence per Tks not bad value  ... :D
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 07:42

I Like Angelique the best as it is quite haunting.Don't see what the fuss is about with Tears Of An Angel.The guitar work towards the end is good but the track as a whole doesn't grab me.Neither does Our Father.Sorry but I am only going on what I have heard up to now.

Surfing is quite good.I will reserve judgement when I have heard the album all at once and not out of context.The overall sound is Tres Lunas.

I don't think we will hear any "organic" sounding music made from real singers and using real instruments warts and all from Mike in the near future or perhaps ever!!!.If this is the way he wants to go so be it.He always seems to be contrary.Not so long ago he was harping about nobody producing real music and just using computers.Mmmmmm

Overall, going by the trend of Mike's recent albums, I will probably like less of the music than I dislike but I may have a pleasant supprise ;-)
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 11:32

That's fantastic TIM... yay!!!! :)  At first listen to Closer I instantly thought of TATTOO :)  one of Mike's best tracks ever, imho.  Wondering where the bagpipes had vacated too I now know... thank you!!!! :)  

Actually if done right, like with TATOO, it'll make the extra 10 bucks totally worth it for me!!!!!

I'm so glad there are so many countries represented on this forum... it makes translation and relations so much better!!!!!! :)  

don't you lot like my excess use of "!!!!!!" these days?  lol

Cheers
Christopher
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 12:46

Amazon.co.uk has it for £8.99, not £11.99.  That's even cheaper than CDWOW, which was £9.99 without any bonus tracks when I bought it.  For obvious reasons I've cancelled my order at CDWOW and placed a new order at Amazon.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Andyg Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 14:10

Now available at Amazon.co.uk for £8.99 with the bonus tracks. they just emailed me and reduced my pre order in price from £11.99. happy shopping folks[B]
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 15:34

I reserve the right to correct my spelling retrospectivly
Profile PM 
Deadcalm Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 04:15

£8-99   or  £10-45 inc vat   thats really good
Value for a Double CD  My Orders Off today :D
Cannt wait to hear the Whole thing in CD quality
Ive got a good feeling about this Release !! :D
Profile PM 
189 replies since Aug. 31 2005, 13:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net