[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Buy Light + Shade online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tansy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 08:37

Quote (Moz @ Sep. 19 2005, 12:46)
Amazon.co.uk has it for £8.99, not £11.99.  That's even cheaper than CDWOW, which was £9.99 without any bonus tracks when I bought it.  For obvious reasons I've cancelled my order at CDWOW and placed a new order at Amazon.

Well first I was planning on ordering from CD Wow,then decided to wait it out & go along to my local HMV but,in the end it all became too much,and after reading of the excellent deal from Amazon,have just pre-ordered from there.What a performance :O it was nothing to do with the Amazon set up,just that I have never ordered anything on line before & went into near blind panic,as one false click of the mouse brought forward an album image, that was most definately not M.O new musical masterpeice(fingers crossed-optimistic).It was all green & everything,also called Light & Shade by different artist/band,& was a bit alarming to see for confused new visitor to Amazon site.Then of course realised that you can view final details before commiting -
Phew!!!  Now sat laughing at myself & eagerly awaiting L & S M.O cd (I hope)! :)
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 09:57

Just curious - this is the description on the US Amazon.com site for the album.  Is this what is being used in the UK as well?

"After 33 Years in Music 2005 Brings a New Era for Mike Oldfield. Earlier 2005, Mercury Records were Honoured that an Artist with Such an Unquestionable Musical Heritage Chose them as his New Home. The First Fruit of this Partnership is a Stunning Double Album Entitled Light and Shade. With Light and Shade Mike Oldfield Has Presented a Collection of Songs that Sit Proudly Amongst the Many Classic Moments in an Amazing Career. He is an Artist Like No Other and He Continues to Produce Timeless, Unique and Inspirational Music that Will Enthral Listeners for Many Years to Come."

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 10:49

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Sep. 20 2005, 09:57)
Just curious - this is the description on the US Amazon.com site for the album.  Is this what is being used in the UK as well?

"After 33 Years in Music 2005 Brings a New Era for Mike Oldfield. Earlier 2005, Mercury Records were Honoured that an Artist with Such an Unquestionable Musical Heritage Chose them as his New Home. The First Fruit of this Partnership is a Stunning Double Album Entitled Light and Shade. With Light and Shade Mike Oldfield Has Presented a Collection of Songs that Sit Proudly Amongst the Many Classic Moments in an Amazing Career. He is an Artist Like No Other and He Continues to Produce Timeless, Unique and Inspirational Music that Will Enthral Listeners for Many Years to Come."

Got back onto the UK Amazon site,it dosen't seem to have the same info as US Amazon.Was interesting to see the contrast between the two of them though.Didn't spend lots of time on the US site but,it seems better than UK one . And What a great write up on M.O -very apt. :)
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 20:15

How ironic that now it seems that the US is promoting Mike more confidently than the UK, wonders never cease.

Well after reading that Moz had successfully cancelled his order through CDWOW and that the UK version with bonus tracks was  available at Amazon for even less than it was at CDWOW, I decided to follow suit. Well just my bloody luck, I have very easilly and successfully cancelled my order with CDWOW (which I was expecting to be quite difficult) BUT have stuffed up my order with Amazon (which I was expecting to be quite easy). I ordered the cd yesterday forgetting that I had changed my email address since my last order. I got an email to my new address stating that the order had successfully gone through, but today I got an email to my old (but still in use) hotmail address stating that my account had been suspended due to an error (obviously the different addresses) and if I did not rectify it would be terminated within 3 days. Well after seriously panicing and getting confused about how to fix this, I gave up and opened a new account. But I don't know whether to order the cd again or not as the email I got yesterday at my new address said that the order had gone through successfully, and I have been trying for 2 hours now to find a way to contact them and enquire about the situation but I am having NO luck!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 22:28

Have you tried via this page (assuming it's amazon.co.uk you ordered from)?

That seems to be the most relevant of the contact options, but you can get them all by clicking the 'contact us' link at the bottom of their site, which will take you to this page.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 00:14

Thankyou Richard, the email I eventually managed to send them got only an automated response so I might have more luck this time. Thanks,

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
mink stoles Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 08:34

Its £8.99 on amazon and play.com now!!!

--------------
So if you you feel a little glum,
To Hergest Ridge you should come.
Profile PM 
Deadcalm Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 09:11

No its not Still £8-99 + bonus on Amazon
and                £9-99 -Bonus on CD WOW
well i just looked !!
Profile PM 
Deadcalm Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 09:17

OOPs sorry Minks  
Play.com do have it for £8-99 And i think its
free P&P which might make it the Cheapest out
there !! :D
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 09:25

Quote (Deadcalm @ Sep. 21 2005, 14:17)
OOPs sorry Minks  

^^ Yep, have just cancelled my order with Amazon and placed it with Play instead. Play seem to be much more efficient in sending out their products as soon as they are available, unlike (the uk) Amazon who sometimes drag their feet.
Looking forward to getting it ASAP!

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 15:34

Hey everyone... ok after all that we've been talkin about I am coming to you with a request... pleae if you can help me...

This person I thought was my friend screwed me!  He took some of my clothes including my tour shirt of MO from 1999. :(

If anyone can help me out with getting another.  I'd prefer to get it in small if possible.  

I  guess this is my karma for raining on everyone over L+S.  Thanks to anyone who can help!!!! :)  you can email me at

electricmayhem2005@yahoo.com

CHEERS
Christopher

PS Tubular Trekkie... i like the DW quote ;)
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 19:25

Quote (Deadcalm @ Sep. 21 2005, 14:17)
OOPs sorry Minks  

Indeed Play.com do have L&S for £8.99 INCLUSIVE of P&P., the price seen on the screen IS the price you pay, no hidden delivery charges  :) .

I do tend to buy most of my music from there.  Had the site reccomended by a friend, as previously I'd been using HMV for buying music, as it was a reputable company.   The only thing is in comparison to other sites I do feel HMV are a bit expensive.

Take my most recent new CD purchases:-  Rolling Stones, "A Bigger Bang", £9.99 on HMV,  Queen and Paul Rodgers- Return     OF The Champions £11.99 @ HMV, and L&S £12.99 on HMV, add to this P&P, which I think is £1.00 per CD making a grand total of £37.97 for HMV. On Play.com the  above titles are £8.99 each  , making a total of £26.97inc of P&P.  Play.com are very quick at sending out the order, provided the item(s) are in stock, I've never had to wait above  three days for anything to arrive, providing the item is in stock.

One area I do think HMV are good is if they've got a sale on, have picked up some bargains,  Pink Floyd's  Ummagumma, usually sells for £30.99, bought it for £11.99  :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 19:45

I just sorted it all out with Amazon and now you tell me it is cheaper again! My postage would be dearer too but even Play.com wouldn't send it to Australia for free I would imagine. Trying not to think about it. I am too excited. I am going to have to wait 7 to 10 days after release to get mine, staying calm.

--------------
Profile PM 
tubtattoo Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 02:03

Hello all... for those that haven't used Play before don't worry, I've used them many times and never had a problem :)

Also, has anyone noticed over at mikeoldfield.com that, if you click on 'Light and Shade' you get a spiel about Tub 2k3 but if you click the 'More info' link below it you get a proper 'Light and Shade' overview and wee interview with Mike? Weird. :/

And still no artwork or MP3s... kinda late for that now I would have thought.

Looking forward to Monday though... :D

Malky
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 06:24

Yep Play.com are very respectable in my experience.I've Purchased several CD's and DVD's there and  all arrived with prompt delivery at great prices. ;)
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 06:48

Yes! Ordered it from amazon.co.uk, 11 pounds 23 all up (or something like that), which is cheaper than I'd get a newly released single disk album here in Australia, let alone a double album, so I'm very happy. Plus there's no guarantee that it will be available in Australia any time soon after the release, so at least I'll have it. I'll be away when it is released, but I chose the slower delivery option so I'll be there when it arrives!!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
tubtattoo Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 09:24

Typical of my timing... theres a new link at www.mikeoldfield.com that leads to http://www.mikeoldfieldlightandshade.com/ and there's a whole bundle of stuff on there!

There seem to be ringtone links, some fotos, MP3s and tons of other stuff but I'm at work so I can't get into it completely  :/  but go out and see what's what guys and gals and report back yeah?

Now, I really am excited :laugh:

Can't wait to get home...

Love and damp patches :/

Malky
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 21:33

Hey Malky,

I just had a look at your profile and saw your full name, didn't you and I use to be pen-pals? Or I at least sent you one letter that you never replied to back in the 90's.

Tracy Aplin
South Australia
Subscriber to Dark Star.

--------------
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 08:42

The new MO album is already on shelves here in Ireland 3 days early. The shops here in Limerick are noted for this, as they did the same with TB 2003.
The cover is a regular 2CD jewel case with an 8 page booklet with photos in a similar vein to the mikeoldfield.com website and the Light+Shade website,
as well as the photos of Mike with his motorcycles looking moody / cool .. whatever.
The price here is €21.99

The two bonus tracks (Lakme and Pres Du Tois) are listed as 'UK Bonus Tracks'

BTW, I did'nt buy as I have an order online for it (play.com), which has just posted today (23rd.)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 14:06

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Sep. 23 2005, 09:42)
The two bonus tracks (Lakme and Pres Du Tois) are listed as 'UK Bonus Tracks'

Pres de Toi is Closer with Bagpipes and what about Lakme?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
189 replies since Aug. 31 2005, 13:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net