Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: blowing my speakers..< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tbasco Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 22 2001, 06:46

In the beginning of Amarok there are some dischords or something that has 300% higher volume then the rest of the CD.. is it supposed to be like this? Or is it just my remastered version that sucks? My speakers blows my ears when I listen to normal volume..
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 22 2001, 08:17

From http://tubular.net/articles/98_11.html

"It's ridiculously complicated and the guitar parts are virtually impossible to play, but it has a cheekiness which I love. I was imagining Simon Draper of Virgin driving his Lamborghini with the music up loud, so I put these enormous brass stabs in there, obscene amounts of volume just to irritate him."
Profile PM 
Ambient Fish Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 11 2004, 07:54

These "brass stabs" should sound sharp, startling and loud but should not offend your ears, sounds like one of your components is distorting or colouring the sound, try taking your copy to your local Hi Fi store and ask for a demo of a quality Amp, CD and speakers using Amarok and you will hear it as it should be.
Profile PM 
2 replies since May 22 2001, 06:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net