Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Blond "angel" in FMO video< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pendleburn Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 22 2002, 05:08

Does anyone know who played the part of the blond angel in the FMO video...? It's definitely not Maggie Reilly with a blond wig on! biggrin

I wonder if Mike had an affair with her... probably! rolleyes
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: July 08 2002, 20:42

Nope, the only affairs Mike had were with the sister of the Exegesis leader (called Diana Fuller) and married her for six months, had affairs with Sally Cooper, Anita Hegerland, Miriam, and now Fanny.

The blonde woman in the videoclip will remain a mystery I guess.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: July 08 2002, 20:45

I forgot to mention Amy, but that was a real short relation, and Amy made a fuzz out of it and sold her story to the Daily Mirror.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Lightspeed Offline

Posted: July 11 2002, 09:53

oh yeah.....Amy....

no comments .....

--------------
"Thou Art In Heaven" :D
Profile PM 
PICTURES IN THE DARK Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2003, 18:54

Who's Amy?? I've never heard about her.
Profile PM 
Watcher of the skies Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2003, 03:02

Amy? can you tell a bit more about here? i also haven't heard anything aobut her...

--------------
Hillmen are swore of allegiance
living a live of silent dignity
for your protection
only so you don't worry...
your pretty little head!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 29 2003, 10:10

Amy...I don't think Mike would count her as significant. She's the woman he met via the personal ad in the paper.
If you want to list all the women he's had relationships with on that level, there are more than that...I hardly think it's necessary to have a "Let's list all the women Mike's slept with" discussion though!
Profile PM 
RICHARDGORMLIE
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 20 2005, 11:39

MIKE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH MIRIAM, IS THIS MIRIAM STOCKLEY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT???.
Anne in the Rain Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2005, 12:24

Quote (Guest @ Jan. 20 2005, 11:39)
MIKE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH MIRIAM, IS THIS MIRIAM STOCKLEY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT???.

No, no. I suppose it was Miriam Felber - she is mentioned in the TB 3 booklet.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2005, 23:51

I was told that Miriam is the dark haired lady sitting on the edge of the sofa in the TBIII booklet.
Oh and he had an affair with me too but I don't like to talk about that.
I don't know who the blonde lady in the 5MO clip is but it is Maggies voice isn't it? I guess he thought she just wasn't attractive enough, and then he met Anita and dumped Maggie altogether. Notice how slim Anita is in the Pictures in the Dark clip and how her body changed in later clips after giving birth.
Amy was an American lady who dated Mike for 2 months after answering his ad and even after she met him she did not know who he was. I guess thats what Mike wanted at the time.
Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 22 2005, 10:44

I believe that Maggie Reilly took a break from working after the Discovery tour, as she was pregnant, which is one big reason why she didn't work with Mike after then (and of course, I'm sure that Anita being Mike's girlfriend was a huge incentive for him to work with her instead! ). Maggie's manager has since refused requests from Mike to work with her again (the last time was, of course, Blue Night on Earth Moving) - Mike has no idea why.

I think we should also be careful with the word 'affair' - it implies an illicit relationship to me, which as far as I know, Mike has never had. If he ever has, I'm sure he'd rather we didn't discuss it here.

Remember that what images appear in the videos are the choice of the director and not the artist, so Mike may have had no say over who or what appeared in the Five Miles Out video.
It's possible that Maggie couldn't or didn't want to appear in the video, and so was replaced, similar to the way that Simon Phillips is replaced by Pierre Moerlen in the Moonlight Shadow video.
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2005, 05:43

David Porter told me that Mike and Maggie didn't really get on - what a shame, as I'd love them to work together again too!
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2005, 08:17

Just a few years ago, Mike managed to merit a mention on the US cable news network CNN. It was not due to his music, but because he published one of these personals ads looking for a wife. I think that the reporter found it amusing that a celebrity was doing this. I am figuring that mentioning this does not dig into his personal life, unless we start to discuss what happened in his life as a result of this, which I am not intending to do.

Always assume that Mike is reading what we post here....

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
David Mar
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 29 2005, 04:54

Sometimes, people mistakenly think that it's Sally Oldfield singing on 'Moonlight Shadow'! How annoying for Sally and Maggie - and also fans who know it's WRONG!
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 08 2014, 07:11

Quote (Korgscrew @ Jan. 22 2005, 15:44)
Maggie's manager has since refused requests from Mike to work with her again (the last time was, of course, Blue Night on Earth Moving) - Mike has no idea why.

Korgie, I know your post is from 9 years ago, but is this still the case? has Mike approached Maggie since then with view to working together again? Or has he moved on?
Profile PM 
14 replies since Feb. 22 2002, 05:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net