Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Bilbao concert broadcast on RAI Radio 2< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 10 2008, 12:20

Italian station RAI Radio 2 will be broadcasting a recording of the premiere concert of Music of the Spheres this Monday May 12th at 21:35 Italian time.

You can listen live online via their website.

Molte grazie, Ettore Capitani
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 10 2008, 18:27

This is odd... classical music should be on Radio 3 - that's where it normally is, here. Or isn't MotS really classical music? :D

Nice comments, though:

The fascinating framework of Bilbao's Guggenheim is the background to the exclusive concert held by MIKE OLDFIELD on the past March 7, to present to a restricted audience [??? how much restricted?? :D] his production, MUSIC OF THE SPHERES.

The English musician, who has settled in Spain some time ago, has put together, with his new work, a sort of "classical opera", far away from the pop-rock road which has indeed given him the fame, but which he doesn't feel today as his own. The experimentation, common thread of the project, renews itself also in its live dimension, where Mike Oldfield and his acoustic [ahem... CLASSICAL!! :D] guitar were accompanied by the EUSKADI Bilbao Symphony Orchestra, and a 44-voice female choir.

I guess they'll just play the live CD... :p

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 11 2008, 08:50

Quote (Ugo @ May 10 2008, 23:27)
This is odd... classical music should be on Radio 3 - that's where it normally is, here. Or isn't MotS really classical music? :D

It was the same with the BBC in the UK. All the radio airplay was on Radio 2, which used to be something of an 'oldies' station before they started going for a younger audience (I have no idea what it's supposed to be now...still rather more 'easy listening' than Radio 1 from what I can tell), rather than the mostly classical Radio 3. I think like Dirk Star said in the Australian review thread, the album was conceived by Mike together with Universal UK and was really aimed at the Classic FM 'easy classics' market and so falls somewhere between two posts as far as identifying which station's audience it's going to appeal to more.
Profile PM 
2 replies since May 10 2008, 12:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net