Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Bells in the USA?, Will it happen...again?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 05 2002, 17:24

The Original Tubular Bells was not really a "hit" in the USA, but it had some popularity at its time back in the early 70s. most of which was brought on because of "The Exorcist" and the usage of TB in it.

Think it'll happen again? When they re-released the Exorcist (the version you've never seen) in the USA there wasn't another rush of Tubular Bells. Not really even on those pure mood CDs.

Regardless, i hope if there isn't any "rush" or if it doesn't become #1 in the billboard charts, i still hope it's released here in the states. It's rather difficult to get anything newer than Voyager here unless you order it online.

Less than 10 months!!!!!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 05 2002, 21:02

It would probably be a good chance to relaunch Mike in the USA, seeing as some people at least kind of know Tubular Bells.

That said, after seeing Warner's latest performance, do we think it'll actually happen?
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 23 2002, 23:01

It would be a good chance to relaunch Mike here in Australia as well. Most people know Tubular Bells, and my friends mum even recognised Moonlight Shadow (that was huge over here). A bit of publicity and who knows, Mike might even get on the charts.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Sep. 05 2002, 17:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net