Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: BBC Four - Tubular Bells: The Mike Oldfield Story< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 20 2013, 18:52

Quote (Jerome C @ Oct. 14 2013, 12:12)
Someone on the Amarok ML did upload it here in a very good quality, I hope it still works + I don't do any bad by mentioning it here (legal blah blah), let me know if it's bad and I'll edit this post asap.

But considering we're all "only fans", I hope it's OK = jump on it while you can ;)

Thanks, to you and whoever uploaded it.

Edit: just finished watching it. That was amazing - much more interesting than I thought it would be.
And I think the last commentator just nailed it:

The most extraordinary pleasure in the album is that he brings it all together, that feeling of something experimental being brought together and complete - because everyone can experiment, you know, and everyone can doodle, and go off strange places and they're fascinating, but to complete it and to give it a sense of wholeness, that he brings you to the end of a journey, is amazing really, and the sense of satisfaction and completion you get from that is the reason it is successful.
Profile PM 
memberd Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2013, 02:55

Quote (jonh @ Oct. 20 2013, 07:31)
What did everyone think of the live performance of TB,being relatively new to Mike's music i thought it was very good.I was a bit suprised by the lenghth of it(25 mins) tho.

If you mean the 2nd House performance shown afet the documentary, it was a live TV performance of Part One (side One) and is quite faithful to the original, so the timing is about right.

--------------
"...inside, and the positions are reversed..."
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2013, 06:30

Been a tiny bit out of the loop regarding this documentary (though I did see it).

Is it the same project that was initially being talked about as titled "Plus Tubular Bells" or is that a different thing?

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
memberd Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2013, 07:39

Quote (CJJC @ Oct. 21 2013, 06:30)
Been a tiny bit out of the loop regarding this documentary (though I did see it).

Is it the same project that was initially being talked about as titled "Plus Tubular Bells" or is that a different thing?

No, it's one and the same. In fact the title "Plus..Tubular Bells2 seems to be a bit of an after thought, as the BBC were calling it 'The Mike Oldfield Story' .. which it isn't.

--------------
"...inside, and the positions are reversed..."
Profile PM 
jonh Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2013, 09:02

Quote (memberd @ Oct. 21 2013, 06:55)
Quote (jonh @ Oct. 20 2013, 07:31)
What did everyone think of the live performance of TB,being relatively new to Mike's music i thought it was very good.I was a bit suprised by the lenghth of it(25 mins) tho.

If you mean the 2nd House performance shown afet the documentary, it was a live TV performance of Part One (side One) and is quite faithful to the original, so the timing is about right.

Ah! thank you!
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2014, 14:37

It's being repeated tomorrow, Saturday the 11th of January at 23:00, with 2nd House afterwards ( and Synth Britannia after that! ).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03cw8g0

Quote (HuanCry @ Oct. 10 2013, 06:24)
Yes but BBC4 is not an HD channel ! :(

Possible DVD/Blu-ray down the line though :)

If anyone hasn't got the news yet, BBC Four went HD in December but not in all areas yet - south-west Scotland being one of those, I'm afraid.  Digital devices often present retuning advice automatically - Freeview's coverage checker will advise if anyone in the UK can receive it.
http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
michael73 Offline

Posted: Jan. 13 2014, 15:25

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Jan. 10 2014, 14:37)
It's being repeated tomorrow, Saturday the 11th of January at 23:00, with 2nd House afterwards ( and Synth Britannia after that! ).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03cw8g0

Quote (HuanCry @ Oct. 10 2013, 06:24)
Yes but BBC4 is not an HD channel ! :(

Possible DVD/Blu-ray down the line though :)

If anyone hasn't got the news yet, BBC Four went HD in December but not in all areas yet - south-west Scotland being one of those, I'm afraid.  Digital devices often present retuning advice automatically - Freeview's coverage checker will advise if anyone in the UK can receive it.
http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability

Could someone please capture the HD version as long as it is available in BBC IPlayer and post a download link??
Profile PM 
hergestridge Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2014, 18:58

Is anyone still looking for an HD version of this programme?
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2014, 03:01

Yes....I am interested in it in hd!

;)

Could you help me please?

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
michael73 Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2014, 04:57

Quote (hergestridge @ Jan. 26 2014, 18:58)
Is anyone still looking for an HD version of this programme?

Yes me,too!

Please send me PM a.s.a.p.!
Profile PM 
hergestridge Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2014, 09:43

I will upload the file to Dropbox and PM the link to those who are interested. It will be a ZIP file of the video file (.mp4) and a subtitle file (.srt). It's 1280x720p, and about 1 GB in size.
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2014, 14:06

This version is very good quality:

http://witch.is-a-geek.com:81/mike/
Profile PM WEB 
31 replies since Oct. 10 2013, 02:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net