Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Bat's World, Getting Batty about Entering it!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 28 2010, 19:28

I've been trying a few tricks to get into the Bat's World. One of them almost succeeded: there were no bats, but the barriers were still up, and I was stuck over the ocean! The trick was to move the airship so that it almost covered the appropriate ringhead, then to fire rings at a distance and run away. I took a few pictures - if someone will tell me how to upload them I'll do so.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 12:53

You must find Robin. It ain't easy. Robin is the key to the whole thing......But....don't give Robin the keys to the Batmobile. In that case, you will be shunted back to level one to start again. Hope this helps. RE: the ocean, in the 1966 movie a "shark-repellant" spray was used to eliminate the sharks. Look for this power-up.......
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 18:54

@ nightspore: don't pay attention to Scatterplot's comic-inspired and film-inspired ramblings above here. :) Just follow the instructions on the Tres Lunas Guide here in the board, which I shall sum up: set your speed to 3, stand well back from the ringhead (without putting anything between you and the ringhead, otherwise it will mess up the procedure) and fire a continuous stream of rings. Once you are sure that at least one ring is on target, turn away from the ringhead and run as fast as you can. If you hear the bats' musc but you see no bats, you're in. Just don't enter the bats' cave. :)

To upload your images here, upload them first on an image-sharing site (Photobucket, Flickr, etc.) - that will give you direct links to the single images. Then, when you reply, click the "Image" button above the reply window and use the links you have. It's the very same method that everyone (including you) has always used in the "What are you playing this very second?" thread to post album covers; the only difference is that the images have to be uploaded somewhere on the Net before you can upload them here.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 20:38

Quote (Ugo @ April 29 2010, 18:54)
@ nightspore: don't pay attention to Scatterplot's comic-inspired and film-inspired ramblings above here. :) Just follow the instructions on the Tres Lunas Guide here in the board, which I shall sum up: set your speed to 3, stand well back from the ringhead (without putting anything between you and the ringhead, otherwise it will mess up the procedure) and fire a continuous stream of rings. Once you are sure that at least one ring is on target, turn away from the ringhead and run as fast as you can. If you hear the bats' musc but you see no bats, you're in. Just don't enter the bats' cave. :)

To upload your images here, upload them first on an image-sharing site (Photobucket, Flickr, etc.) - that will give you direct links to the single images. Then, when you reply, click the "Image" button above the reply window and use the links you have. It's the very same method that everyone (including you) has always used in the "What are you playing this very second?" thread to post album covers; the only difference is that the images have to be uploaded somewhere on the Net before you can upload them here

Thanks, Ugo. Actually, I thought Scatterplot said he was leaving the group??

The Bat's World: I thought this was the one world that the normal shooting-at-the-ringhead-and-then-running-away procedure wouldn't work? At least, Alan D's most recent post in the guide suggested this... The reason I experimented with the airship was to see if this would "block" the bats somehow.

I've played with photobucket before and haven't had much luck with it. If you think those "upside down" pictures I emailed to you are sufficiently interesting, I don't mind if you want to post them on my behalf. (Moderators: how about making things easier and allow direct uploads?)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 30 2010, 19:22

@ nightspore: probably Alan meant that the shoot-&-run procedure is a little trickier to do with the bats, as they are much faster than the ants - it's hard to run away in the exact same instant in which they are supposed to appear. But the basic concept is the same as the other unofficial worlds: if you manage to get the whole sequence to play in just its audio version (i.e. just music and sound effects, without anything relevant happening on the screen), you are most certainly in.

By the way, I deleted your attachment posts because I originally received them on my laptop, which doesn't have much free HD space (neither has the main PC I'm writing on right now, but that's another matter... :D). If you wish me to post them, just mail them again to me. Just the pics. The ones with the red sky are particularily beautiful, IMHO.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 30 2010, 21:19

Quote (Ugo @ April 30 2010, 19:22)
@ nightspore: probably Alan meant that the shoot-&-run procedure is a little trickier to do with the bats, as they are much faster than the ants - it's hard to run away in the exact same instant in which they are supposed to appear. But the basic concept is the same as the other unofficial worlds: if you manage to get the whole sequence to play in just its audio version (i.e. just music and sound effects, without anything relevant happening on the screen), you are most certainly in.

By the way, I deleted your attachment posts because I originally received them on my laptop, which doesn't have much free HD space (neither has the main PC I'm writing on right now, but that's another matter... :D). If you wish me to post them, just mail them again to me. Just the pics. The ones with the red sky are particularily beautiful, IMHO.

Hi Ugo, there's a specific post in the "Unsolved Mysteries" thread concerning the Bat's World. Alan D says that no one has managed to get into it - hence my interest.

I'll go and mail the pics now. Just attribute them to me, if you will.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 01 2010, 02:27

"Thanks, Ugo. Actually, I thought Scatterplot said he was leaving the group??"

Gee, I'm sorry. I was in a good mood and thought I'd be a "Tubularian" for 5 minutes. Didn't I coin the term "Tubularian" 2 years ago?  Did not mean to invade your turf. A little fun with Batman. Bad move on my part(but funny). I guess I should go now. You've got your threads back to yourselves without my dorky sense of humor. I miss the spirit of Tube-net say, a year ago. But now, I won't miss it. I've outlived my usefullness here. One bad joke. I should concentrate on checking out my equipment which I took a break from(happy to say all works well, so far). Sorry. Tube-net is yours now, unfettered by my silly jokes which doesn't even fall into the same Ballpark as some of the dorky stuff others have left over the years. Forgive my intrusion, Jesus.
    END TRANSMISSION: Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 01 2010, 04:12

Just a point of clarification, Scatterplot. Why not play Tr3s Lunas? It might help to chase any clouds away.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 01 2010, 06:14

Here are two very nice pics of nightspore's 'failed' attempt to get into Bats' World. By the way, @ nightspore: I guess that direct uploads can't be done here because tubular.net hasn't got enough web space to host photos, so they all have to come from external sources.

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 01 2010, 06:17

... and here are four more pics of his, this time from the full version (with fully-detailed Daliphants) of Swords' World:

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 01 2010, 06:23

Thanks, Ugo - they look very nice that size. I'm fast becoming a TL addict. It's a pity a lot of people have lost interest in it, although I think Wiga may give it a go.

Last night I was taken for a ride on the fly that carries a gold ring. Also, I found that if you shoot a gold rock at the green crystals (I think it was the green crystals I hit), you get the sound of the erupting volcano without the actual eruption!
Profile PM 
10 replies since April 28 2010, 19:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net