Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Bat cave, revisited< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 14 2011, 08:10

I've paid quite a few visits to the bat cave tonight, hoping to find the diamond ring. I have noticed a large round entrance within the cave, but it seems permanently blocked off, even when I have some rings. Does anyone have any suggestions about gaining access? I've also noticed a statue of a Hindu goddess, but I can't see anything noteworthy in its vicinity. Holy confusion batman!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 15 2011, 13:39

Could I ask you please to post this question in the Tr3sLunas discussion forum instead (see here), so I can delete this new thread. These 'Guides' for TL and Maestro aren't intended for general discussions of this sort - they're designed with a specific structure to make them easy to use when people are searching for help. If we add in extra discussions like this, the overall structure of the Guides will be lost. One of the design features, for example, was to limit the total number of threads to a maximum of 20, so that all the headings on the index page (and therefore the overall structure) can fit onto a single page and be seen at a glance. As you'll see if you go to the main TL Guide index page here, this advantage has now been lost - hence the need to remove the new thread.

Of course if something new is discovered in one of the discussions outside the Guide, we can then incorporate it into the Guide properly, but it has to be done within the existing structure, or everything starts to unravel.

Thanks.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 15 2011, 14:30

Moved to Tr3s Lunas general discussion area.

Hindu Goddess??? Don't remember that, maybe fire up musicvr later ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 15 2011, 18:40

Quote (Alan D @ June 15 2011, 13:39)
Could I ask you please to post this question in the Tr3sLunas discussion forum instead (see here), so I can delete this new thread. These 'Guides' for TL and Maestro aren't intended for general discussions of this sort - they're designed with a specific structure to make them easy to use when people are searching for help. If we add in extra discussions like this, the overall structure of the Guides will be lost. One of the design features, for example, was to limit the total number of threads to a maximum of 20, so that all the headings on the index page (and therefore the overall structure) can fit onto a single page and be seen at a glance. As you'll see if you go to the main TL Guide index page here, this advantage has now been lost - hence the need to remove the new thread.

Of course if something new is discovered in one of the discussions outside the Guide, we can then incorporate it into the Guide properly, but it has to be done within the existing structure, or everything starts to unravel.

Thanks.

Sorry, Alan - I was getting a bit cross-eyed, and thought I had posted in the right place!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 16 2011, 05:04

The black cirular hole is the passage through which you entered the bat cave, and you can't get back through that, but it helps to use it as a point from which to get your bearings.

When you first enter the cave, you're deposited in an area where there are bats rising from the floor. To your left is a narrow passage with the Hindu goddess standing in the entrance. That's the wrong passage.

To find the correct one, move back to the black circular hole and face away from it. There are four wide 'routes' you might follow from here:
1. To the left, parallel to the outer wall.
2. Ahead but a bit towards the left.
3. Ahead but a bit towards the right. That is, towards the bats rising from the floor.
4. To the right, parallel to the outer wall.

Take direction no.2. As you move in that direction, look towards your left, and you'll see a narrow passage very like the other one, but the Hindu goddess is deeper in and (I think) in this case can't be seen from outside. As you approach it you'll hear the 'ring' sound. Go in and search around (guided by the sound) - and you'll find the ring.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 16 2011, 08:44

Quote (Alan D @ June 16 2011, 05:04)
The black cirular hole is the passage through which you entered the bat cave, and you can't get back through that, but it helps to use it as a point from which to get your bearings.

When you first enter the cave, you're deposited in an area where there are bats rising from the floor. To your left is a narrow passage with the Hindu goddess standing in the entrance. That's the wrong passage.

To find the correct one, move back to the black circular hole and face away from it. There are four wide 'routes' you might follow from here:
3. Ahead but a bit towards the right. That is, towards the bats rising from the floor.

Take direction no.2. As you move in that direction, look towards your left, and you'll see a narrow passage very like the other one, but the Hindu goddess is deeper in and (I think) in this case can't be seen from outside. As you approach it you'll hear the 'ring' sound. Go in and search around (guided by the sound) - and you'll find the ring.

Ah, many thanks! I'll try it.  :)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 19 2011, 09:01

Quote (Alan D @ June 16 2011, 05:04)

I found the batcave ring - thanks, Alan. I reset and had a second go, just to make sure I could do it without difficulty: and my computer crashed and wouldn't turn on again for another for another four attempts. I seem to be cursed by technology lately. Everything seems OK at the moment... :(
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 23 2011, 17:18

Quote (nightspore @ June 19 2011, 13:01)
I found the batcave ring - thanks, Alan. I reset and had a second go, just to make sure I could do it without difficulty: and my computer crashed and wouldn't turn on again for another for another four attempts. I seem to be cursed by technology lately. Everything seems OK at the moment... :(

It's a well-known problem that we've all experienced one time or another. The bats get into your machine and gum up the works. Ask your local computer emporium for a virtual guano remover.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 23 2011, 19:48

Quote (Alan D @ June 23 2011, 23:18)
Ask your local computer emporium for a virtual guano remover.

:laugh: :laugh: Hahahahahahahahahaha... virtual guano!!!! :laugh: You are a positive genius, Alan. :cool: Once again you've managed to remind me of that wonderfuly philosophical discussion we had inside the Tr3s Lunas canyon (and which got even more philosophical right here on this board) about what is real and what isn't. And of course occasionally I need to be reminded that virtual bats inside a virtual game are just as real as everything in the game, and they're just as real as the game itself. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 23 2011, 21:02

Quote (Alan D @ June 23 2011, 17:18)
Quote (nightspore @ June 19 2011, 13:01)

It's a well-known problem that we've all experienced one time or another. The bats get into your machine and gum up the works. Ask your local computer emporium for a virtual guano remover.

Ha ha - should that be a (virtual guano) remover or a virtual (guano remover)? :laugh:  Or are they perhaps the same?  :O

I'll steel myself for another go soon.
Profile PM 
9 replies since June 14 2011, 08:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net