Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (28) < ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: back to the cactus< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 17:18

Gracias a los tres for a really nice evening.

See you soon in another expedition :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 17:19

Quote (MVR Superstar @ Mar. 27 2011, 20:04)
Something weird happened to me though, I shot the Scorpion tree and was chased down by the space ship. Does anyone else get this?

Yes - shooting things  tends to provoke the wrath of the spaceship!

Thanks for hosting María. Thanks for the company Matt (minor) and Ugo.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2011, 17:26

@ MVR Superstar: I got that the first time around, i.e. the first time I shot the scorpion with a spiky ball. I got the spaceship chasing me, then the burning cactus, etc. But what is weirder is that when I tried to shoot the scorpion again, nothing happened...

@ María: thanks very much for hosting; @ Alan, thanks a lot to you again for being there.

Ah, before I forget: Legionaries, I want you both to report on duty next weekend, as I don't think I can get into Tr3s Lunas tomorrow night. I'd like some more recruits to be there as well, as long as their loricas (uniforms) are in good shape. :D I will let you know more very soon during the week. Your punishment for not reporting shall be... ahem...

...well, nothing at all. :D :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2011, 06:21

Looks like we might have a game going on Thursday about 8pm (uk summer time). Maria and I can both make it.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2011, 07:58

Quote (Ugo @ Mar. 27 2011, 17:26)
I'd like some more recruits to be there as well, as long as their loricas (uniforms) are in good shape.

Ugo, if you could just start a game a bit earlier I could be there. Perhaps leave the bourbon and cola and AC/DC until after the game instead of before?  :laugh:  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2011, 08:28

Earlier... you mean, something like four o'clock Italian time? (As usual, you do the math, please. :D) If that's 'early' enough for you, please give me a call on Friday, as at the moment I'm on a laptop where I can't play - I tried to install the game but it looks crappy. :)

By the way, I don't drink bourbon. And I don't get too high on AC/DC either. :laugh: As for the ancient Roman thing above, Alan knows the reasons for it (apart from my own fondness), so ask him. :D

@ Alan: I don't think I will be there - apart from the above, I'm also bed-ridden with a slight temp. You'll have to follow someone else's guidance. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2011, 08:51

Shame you can't make it tomorrow, Ugo... Maybe you will feel better then? Anyway... don't worry... I think we'll manage to guide ourselves.. :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2011, 15:05

(I've checked that the port is in fact open to the outside world).
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2011, 15:09

On my way to the cactus..

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2011, 17:11

That was amazing.

I'll sort through my pictures of the asteroid tomorrow and post some.

Gracias María, e hasta luego.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2011, 17:13

Thanks for hosting Alan. It's been a good trip to the space...  I'll definitely get a notebook again and start writing what I find. Tonight I have the feeling that there are yet things to discover!

Can't wait to see your pictures. I will also post some, but have to check them first. Will do it in the next days.

See you soon!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 03:11

Sorry, why do you post *that* on here? I think there may be a better place... don't you think so?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 04:41

Here are the images of the asteroid I was exploring yesterday evening. (We travelled to the green mountain in space arrow world, and from there did the amazing leap into space that we discovered many years ago: not something one could do often, because it takes so long to reach the green mountain.) I have a vague memory of having found this asteroid once before, but it was a long time ago. What's so striking (as we commented during the game) is the detailed structure of this thing - the coloured markings, the cratering - on an object floating in a space that normally no one would ever see. Or maybe - now the memory stirs - perhaps it can be reached in the 'normal' space - when travelling back to the planets from the spaceship, before the burning rose voyage?

Anyway - here are the pictures, taken while getting progressively closer:

asteroid 1
asteroid 2
asteroid 3
asteroid 4
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 14:29

Quote (nightspore @ April 01 2011, 03:16)
I think it was all the talk of the cactus, Maria  :O

Hmmm... is it because April's Fool Day? Sorry then, it just freaked me out when I saw that huge nothing-to-do-with-tr3slunas picture with my first coffee in the early morning, and when I wasn't still aware it's April 1st... In Spain, April's Fool Day is in December and we call it día de los Santos Inocentes... :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 14:40

Alan, now that I see the asteroid I remember having seen it before. I'd say it was not in space arrow world, so it might have been during a normal trip back from the arrow.
However, there are lots of things that I have forgotten during these four years.. We can have a look some other day in a normal trip.

I couldn't find the asteroid yesterday, but I have uploaded some pictures of what I saw yesterday. I really enjoyed being in space!
The two obelisks
The distant one is really distant, so very small.. but it's possible to see it on this pic.
To the green mountain
It's a long long trip...
View from high above the green mountain
But it's worth it
Ringed planet

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 15:17

Quote (maria @ April 01 2011, 20:40)
But it's worth it
Ringed planet

The last one may also be seen during the normal space sequence. I've seen the ringed planet that way lots and lots of times, while chasing the comet. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 15:20

I think you're right. We've seen that asteroid in 'normal' space, and we can check it out.

I think we could do a few experiments running to different places to see what effect it has on the world that's created. I have a sneaking feeling that we've already done some - but if so it was so long ago that I can't remember them. I wonder what the effect would be of running out to sea?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 15:22

Quote (Ugo @ April 01 2011, 19:17)
Quote (maria @ April 01 2011, 20:40)
But it's worth it
Ringed planet

The last one may also be seen during the normal space sequence. I've seen the ringed planet that way lots and lots of times, while chasing the comet. :)

Yes - the group of planets is the same, but what's so different in space arrow world is the relation we have with the earth. In the normal game, as soon as you approach the earth you get whisked off by the burning rose.  In space arrow world that doesn't happen, and it's possible to fly back to the earth and explore it at high speed instead of that painful slowness.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 15:25

I know Ugo... However, the feeling is different when you get this view of the ringed planet after scaping the stubborn arrow, seeing the world composing from bits, being flying so slow that you would say there was no move at all, and being swooshed up and down once you get the green mountain :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: April 01 2011, 15:41

Quote (Alan D @ April 01 2011, 15:20)
I think we could do a few experiments running to different places to see what effect it has on the world that's created.

I wonder what the effect would be of running out to sea?

Ok, we'll do that. We've already seen it works for firebeings world, so sure we'll find something here as well.
I wonder if that's also what makes the distant obelisk appear or not, yesterday we both run to the same direction I think, and we got different things.

Yesterday, I run once to the sea and was caught by the arrow, but it could be cause I was just too slow. We'll try again

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
553 replies since Feb. 12 2011, 16:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (28) < ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net