Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (28) < ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: back to the cactus< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MVR Superstar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 16:49

ok, the control trick seems to work all the time, didn't know about that...

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 16:51

Quote (MVR Superstar @ Mar. 21 2011, 16:42)
Was trying to get into ant world, i think i've got into marias version (Blue sea, no island, holes in the ground)

Mine yesterday was green and red. I'll try to post a pic I took.

Don't know why I can't upload the picture here... I get this message:
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: [URL=http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif
]
I sent Alan the pic before, maybe he can later upload it here for me. I'll find out what I'm doing wrong

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 17:38

Quote (maria @ Mar. 21 2011, 21:51)
Don't know why I can't upload the picture here... I get this message:
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: [URL=http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif
]
I sent Alan the pic before, maybe he can later upload it here for me. I'll find out what I'm doing wrong

What image format are you using?

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 17:59

I presume the game has stopped? Tried to connect but couldn't.

Here's a link to Maria's red and green Ant World experience:
Maria in weird Ant World
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 18:09

Thanks for the game Matt!

I've been twice to Firebeings World, one running to the right and the other one staying still.

Not sure about the portal to the volcano, but visited the daliphant under the moon and both times it was dark when you get close, and silver from the mainland, couldn't find any difference in their colour in both versions. I didn't check the lonely daliphant.
There was no obelisk for me this time.. but who knows, maybe if we go tomorrow it will be there!
I'd say when I run away, the light is brighter, more daylight, but will check that again next time.
Maybe we can also try it running to the left? I agree, Alan, we should do an expedition :)

For Ants World yesteday.. it was hard for me! First I got lost into the green, I was following Alan in our search for the shark (where is he??), he shifted and lost sight.. It was soooo scary being lost out there... I felt there's a huge space around the mainland.. There was no way I could find the land or the moon or anything! so I just f1, then entered again and it was still green and red. Then, after exploring for a while I entered the cave and there was no way I could get the yellow thingies to get back to the cactus... I shot with no success, rings wouldn't do anything, even if I shot a lot! And the firebeing couldn't go through them, as if it had get fat, so no way to cross the hole in the stone. Then, f1 again. I think it was third time when I went to see the silver sprite on the flat thin hill, i couldn't see it and either Alan or Ugo.
(Btw Ugo.. I did f1 three times and all of them I found the firebeing at Stonehenge)

On Saturday, I also tried Ants World staying quiet and I think I got what Ugo said, not sure about the dark blue of the sea, but what I remember is that it was daylight and the objects remained on the mainland as normal. I can't remember whether all the objects were there, though.. but the general aspect was just like before shooting. Actually, I was confused at the beginning, only because I heard ants music I knew I was in.

Alan, it's very interesting what you say about the symmetry of the sets of ringheads.. that gives me some hope... if we could defeat the magnetic owl, we should be able to do the same with bats. (Funny.. both are night birds :)

See you tomorrow at 21.00 Spanish time

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 18:15

Quote (Alan D @ Mar. 21 2011, 17:59)
Here's a link to Maria's red and green Ant World experience:
Maria in weird Ant World

Thanks for posting it for me Alan! I'm now using Picassa (which is new for me) and I don't know why the link to the shot doesn't work in this board.  GCS files are jpg.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 18:16

Yup, great game Maria   :)
(Btw Ugo.. I did f1 three times and all of them I found the firebeing at Stonehenge)

Were you hosting last time? I think with multiplayer only when the host F1s then all untaken avatars are returned.

--------------
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 18:19

Yep, I was hosting yesterday. That could be the reason then.
Another thing to check :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 18:21

I'm now using Picassa (which is new for me) and I don't know why the link to the shot doesn't work in this board.  GCS files are jpg.

Picasa web albums? That's what I use. It's best to put your pics in your dropbox/dedicated folder and set that folders privacy to anyone with the link, then go to the photo you want to shares page and copy the link in the bar on the right. Then either just paste in your post ;).

--------------
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 18:24

Ok, I'll change the privacy settings and will try again. If it doesn't work, I'll just get an account at photobucket.com. Thanks for the advice Matt.

Later :Nada.. I've set the album to public and still get that message. I'll try again tomorrow.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2011, 18:52

Quote (maria @ Mar. 21 2011, 22:09)
I've been twice to Firebeings World, one running to the right and the other one staying still.

There was no obelisk for me this time.. but who knows, maybe if we go tomorrow it will be there!
I'd say when I run away, the light is brighter, more daylight, but will check that again next time.
Maybe we can also try it running to the left? I agree, Alan, we should do an expedition :)

What happens depends on the direction you run, María. If you run towards the cactus, you get the special archway and the distant obelisk. If you run out to sea, or forwards towards the river, they don't appear. I've tried it several times now and always there's this pattern. It's extremely mysterious!
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 13:00

Anyone up for a quickish game about 30/45 mins?

--------------
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 13:09

When I say 30/45 minutes, I mean play from now till then, not start then. :)

Edit: OK guys, run outta time, sorry.

--------------
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 14:06

Sorry Matt, too early for me, I was working. I'll start a game at 20.00 UK time.

Now, I'll try to upload a picture...
Holding breath

Ok, it works, so here it is another one. From this moment on, I've been feeling frustrated with Snowy World... haven't tried it again, I was almost in!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 16:07

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 16:22

Oooopss... sorry Alan and Andy.. pressed f4 instead of f1.. silly me!

I'll restart it, just a second.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 16:24

Guessed as much. See you in a mo.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 17:02

Great to be back with friends, sorry I couldn't stay long.

And because it's been so long, I forgot how to use grabClipSave  :/ so no pictures to prove I saw the obelisk.

I'll try to join in again soon.

Thanks for the game Maria & the advice Alan.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 17:52

Thanks Maria for hosting, and great to see Andy and Trinidad back here again.

Mysteries, mysteries. The game continues to throw up the unexpected.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 17:52

It's funny... why some of us get some things and others not? I'll post some pictures later with two portals and not obelisk.

Edit: A couple of pictures from tonight's game:

Two portals (but no obelisk) in Firebeings World. I've tried it many times with no success, there wasn`t an obelisk for me.

Daliphant in Seagull's World.

Nice to see u Alan, Andy and Trinidad. Cu soon, sí?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
553 replies since Feb. 12 2011, 16:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (28) < ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net