Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (28) < ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: back to the cactus< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 01 2011, 17:25

@ Alan: by "asteroid" you mean the comet, right? the huge stone that circles 'round and 'round the ringed planet and that you have to shoot 3 times in the 'normal' space world to get into Good World? :) I wasn't there last night (of course) and I can't see from your pics whether the asteroid was motionless or actually moving, but it looks very much like the same one I've often chased. :D
@ maria: yes, I fully understand what you mean, but I must admit I'm not patient enough to go through the whole process of entering Space Arrow World and then travelling into it at a painfully slow speed (even at 3). So I very much prefer playing the regular sequence.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 02 2011, 03:19

Quote (Ugo @ April 01 2011, 21:25)
@ Alan: by "asteroid" you mean the comet, right? the huge stone that circles 'round and 'round the ringed planet and that you have to shoot 3 times in the 'normal' space world to get into Good World? :)

If you mean the object that circles the planet and leaves a white trail, then no, Ugo. The asteroid is a different object.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: April 02 2011, 09:06

Quote (Ugo @ April 01 2011, 17:25)
@ maria: yes, I fully understand what you mean, but I must admit I'm not patient enough to go through the whole process of entering Space Arrow World and then travelling into it at a painfully slow speed (even at 3). So I very much prefer playing the regular sequence.

Sí, I know you are not usually very keen on exploring the unofficial worlds... But that's fine, we've seen in other games that we can all be exploring different places while connected to the same server and still have fun.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: April 02 2011, 16:42

Do you have time for a game tomorrow (Sunday)? Usual place at the usual time?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 02 2011, 17:05

Well, yes - depending on the time. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 03 2011, 04:53

I'm uncertain at the moment, but I think I can make it.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 03 2011, 15:08

I now know I can make it. Back in a few minutes.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 03 2011, 15:26

I can't stay very long, but please join me while I'm here. (I've checked the port is open.)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 03 2011, 16:47

Thanks for coming, Trinidad.

This time we chose to do leave the 7th ring at the temple and returned via the portal. Then we rode the red ant to get  the 7th ring. (When you get it, you're scooped into the rebirth tunnel, and the endgame.)
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: April 04 2011, 11:23

Thanks for the game, Alan.

When we were going to the Ants Cave to get the red ant ring, I told you there was some piano music I never heard near the ringheads. When you left, I spent a little bit more time trying to discover what was happening.

Actually, I doubt I never heard the music, but I was confused because it changes depending on how many rings you've collected, and that's something I never noticed. So there seems to be four tunes:

- 1) No rings
 - 2) 1 or 2 rings
 - 3) 3 rings
 - 4) 4 to 6 rings

(The tunes don't have relation with the Thin Men, they can be heard near both sets of ringheads, and are different).

Since the music in the main central area also changes depending on the number of rings (I remember I knew it), and the cactus emmits a different sound when you've got 6 rings, maybe there're other places where it changes but we (or just I) didn't notice.

Oh, and about the red ant ring, now I know what was the strange thing I couldn't remember: in principle, unless you're very lucky or skillful, it can be got only as the last one (if you touch the ant you're sent to the burning cactus, but if it's the last one you're immediately sent to Rebirth Tunnel before touching the ant), though once I was able to get it as the first one. I remember there was some discussion about this ages ago. Anyway, I doubt there's anything significant here.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 04 2011, 15:01

Maria - got your email just in time - I only have about an hour. I'll start up a game here:
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 04 2011, 15:38

Looks like we missed it. I've just stopped the game.
Profile PM 
Tipp Offline

Posted: April 11 2011, 20:51

nvm
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: April 19 2011, 00:01

Quote (Alan D @ April 01 2011, 11:41)
Here are the images of the asteroid I was exploring yesterday evening. (We travelled to the green mountain in space arrow world, and from there did the amazing leap into space that we discovered many years ago: not something one could do often, because it takes so long to reach the green mountain.) I have a vague memory of having found this asteroid once before, but it was a long time ago. What's so striking (as we commented during the game) is the detailed structure of this thing - the coloured markings, the cratering - on an object floating in a space that normally no one would ever see. Or maybe - now the memory stirs - perhaps it can be reached in the 'normal' space - when travelling back to the planets from the spaceship, before the burning rose voyage?

Anyway - here are the pictures, taken while getting progressively closer:

asteroid 1
asteroid 2
asteroid 3
asteroid 4

Hello Lunians,
A land I just took a look at your hol snaps & is that not a face on that space rock ((Om 2nd pic))) & the avatar makes a good mustache. perhaps you have found
Mr Nibiru or at least his head.  :D
All the best
I1

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
553 replies since Feb. 12 2011, 16:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (28) < ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net