Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: "Awaiting Authorization", New Members< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 20 2007, 05:30

I've noticed several new names that are listed as "awaiting authorization".

When I first created my account, here, it took two or three days before I was 'authorized' to post. During that time, I was a little worried that either 1) The Powers That Be felt they had enough members already, and were anti-newbie, or 2) the typo in my username made them suspect I was a troll or an idiot. I now realize I needn't have stressed over it. So, in case any new members are concerned about not being able to post right away, have patience. And maybe a beer.

:)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 11 2007, 00:17

When there is something suspicious about a prospective member's subscription, it bounces to a category that requires an admin's approval (I don't know all the components that make it do this, btw). We try to approve subscriptions the same day, but...when we are on the road (particularly me, and especially this past month), there will be a delay. I know that it's a hassle, but you'd not believe the number of spammers that attempt to join tubular.net. We welcome newbies--real newbies--with open arms. You are cherished. :)

And please--if you have attempted to subscribe and your membership seems to have been rejected or you're not able to post, please email me at mc@tubular.net.

Cheers,

Inkanta

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 16 2007, 14:06

Quote (Inkanta @ July 11 2007, 00:17)
you'd not believe the number of spammers that attempt to join tubular.net.

I had wondered about that because this community seems to be exceptionally well managed in that regard. *pictures Inkanta pouring new members through a fine mesh sieve*

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 18 2007, 15:01

Haha! Yeah. Although we've been spared some pretty awful as well as just plain irritating stuff, no matter how hard we try it's only a matter of time until someone leaps out of the sieve and jumps into the forums. But, I'd like to think that the ratio is something like:
Spammers sliding through: 1; T.net team catches: 1,145. :D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
3 replies since June 20 2007, 05:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net