Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: AutoRip on the Amazon Digital Version, (also Crises)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 02 2013, 05:49

I pre-ordered this and Crises and was interested to see they have an "AutoRip" feature that delivers the MP3 versions to you on release day as well as them sending the disc.

After pre-ordering, though, my Cloud Player immediately got access to the 2000 Remaster of both albums.

I held off from complaining in the vague hope that on the day they would be replaced by the actual Deluxe Edition versions but no joy thus far so I'm gonna have to get in touch.

Did anyone have better luck than me and get the proper MP3s? (not intended to start a debate on MP3 sound quality)

I'll let you know how I get on in case anyone else was debating buying in this way.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2013, 09:10

I ordered my CDs from amazon and have just checked my amazon cloud. Both albums are the original remastered editions and not the new remasters.
Profile PM 
Nordlicht Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2013, 18:23

Quote (CJJC @ Sep. 02 2013, 05:49)
I pre-ordered this and Crises and was interested to see they have an "AutoRip" feature that delivers the MP3 versions to you on release day as well as them sending the disc.

After pre-ordering, though, my Cloud Player immediately got access to the 2000 Remaster of both albums.

I held off from complaining in the vague hope that on the day they would be replaced by the actual Deluxe Edition versions but no joy thus far so I'm gonna have to get in touch.

Did anyone have better luck than me and get the proper MP3s? (not intended to start a debate on MP3 sound quality)

I'll let you know how I get on in case anyone else was debating buying in this way.

As soon as Amazon Germany shipped my Crises Box Set and the FMO Deluxe, I was able to download manually the new 2013 remixes for both albums plus the new bonus tracks plus the MP3 files for both live CDs from Amazon.de cloud player.
They are all variable bitrate with an average between 258kBit/s and 283kBit/s, most of them in the 270-somethings.
But I had to go to my Amazon Cloud Player -> Albums and select the 2013 versions manually.
Sadly there is no MP3 version from the DVDs.
By the way, the old 2000 remasters are still available. Nice to compare the two different MP3 versions...
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2013, 21:31

No such luck so far in the UK. It's been passed to the technical team and I've been promised a follow up so I'll update you in case anyone else is still having this issue.

If my discs had arrived, I'd have just ripped them but that's not happened yet.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2013, 08:13

Have taken Nordlicht's advice and gone to the Cloud Player on the computer instead of my app version but still only have the 2000 remasters. Definitely have to just wait on Amazon's reply, then.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2013, 17:47

Have had an email from Amazon to the effect that the correct tracks are now available. Not in a position to check this right now but I hope it's the case. Anyone else had any joy?

EDIT: yep, all good now. Less annoying than on day 1 as my discs have arrived but a good thing for the future.

I quite like AutoRip - I've started buying albums that support it as gifts so I end up with a free MP3 version for myself :D

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 29 2013, 13:16

Hmm, I wonder if buying the MP3 albums (as opposed to the CD + AutoRip) would result in the wrong version being provided in Cloud Player? Hope not...

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Sep. 02 2013, 05:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net