Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: ASO to play OTB LIVE, Sept 14th to 16th., LIVE Performance of OTB for South Aussie< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 22 2006, 22:19

Well I've bought my tickets already for the Sat night concert on the 16th to see the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra play Orchestral Tubular Bells Part 1 along with a little Brahms and Mozart. I have never been to a concert like this so I am quite excited about it. Will be going with my partner Michael (I am still in shock he said he would go), my son Brett and my Mum Florence so it will be a real family affair. Also hope to meet up with Matthew Sorrell on the night who recently appeared on the tv quiz show The Einstein Factor. Tickets at BASS for $67. We'll be in Row H, seats 3, 4, 5 and 6. Hope to see you there!

ARE THERE ANY OTHER SOUTH AUSTRALIANS ON THIS SITE?

Also, can't recall the date but Aled Jones is performing in town too.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: June 25 2006, 21:29

Not one response eh!

Well over on the Amarok Mailing List, several Aussies, even people from other states are organising to get together for the Concert and a Barby or to meet up at the Pub afterwards. It's a great oppprtunity for Australian fans, esp South Aussies to meet up. So any Aussies here, or international fans are of course very welcome, but if I was in England or Europe I would no doubt wait until December to see the real thing. This is great timing, a little taste of Mike for those of us who live on the other side of the world to Germany.

Don't forget, if you are interested in coming to the Concert and/or meeting up with other Aussie fans, check out the details on the Amarok Mailing List.

Tracy

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 25 2006, 23:58

It's been added to the news, so maybe that will get better noticed. To view any details over on the Amarok Mailing List, one has to be subscribed, which one can do at http://www.ommadawn.net/mailman/listinfo/amarok . Once subscribed, it's also possible to view the archived posts, as well.  Sounds like a great opportunity coming up in September! Wish Oz weren't quite so far away!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
kazmac Offline

Posted: June 29 2006, 06:01

yes I,m another south aussie. and yes i too am going to the concert..i wouldnt miss it for the world.  kazmac
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 09 2014, 07:29

Tracy, what was this concert like?
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: April 10 2014, 17:58

It was fantastic. Possibly lost on the ASO season ticket holders who I suspect comprised the majority of the audience; but for the Oldfield die-hards it was very special indeed. Considering it was the closest most of them would get to seeing Mike perform live the enthusiasm was abundant.

Whilst I like the OTB album I never really counted it among the cream of the crop but to see it live is something else altogether.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 11 2014, 04:32

That's great. It's a supprise that OTB isn't played more often by orchestra's.
Profile PM 
adler Offline

Posted: April 14 2014, 15:00

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ April 11 2014, 04:32)
That's great. It's a supprise that OTB isn't played more often by orchestra's.

You can watch this version, which is very nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9_RZY23OQ&feature=player_embedded
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 15 2014, 04:32

Yes, I had seen that before, and it's great too :)
Profile PM 
Travellerman Offline

Posted: April 15 2014, 05:08

I hadn't seen that, so thanks a lot for the link :)
Profile PM 
9 replies since June 22 2006, 22:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net