Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'Ask your question to Mike', what happened?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 07 2003, 07:56

I remember that when I first came to this board (sometime in 2000, I think) there was a questionnaire being prepared for Mike with questions asked by us. I didn't ask anything back then because I couldn't think of anything that hadn't already been asked. But I wonder what happened in the meantime? Did Mike ever answer the questions? If so, where can I find his answers?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 07 2003, 10:45

I don't know how far it got, I wasn't involved in things here so heavily then, but certainly no answers ever materialised. I know from experience that it can be very difficult to get anything much out of Mike, though it depends on how and when you catch him...certainly getting him to answer something like even a little questionnaire isn't as easy as it maybe ought to be.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 08 2003, 13:47

There was that online chat he had with some of us last year organised by BBC Radio 2, after that someone here was talking about emailing his mangement and trying to organise another online meeting. I suppose the problem with these things is we all know Mike hates the sort of questions he would inevitably get bombarded with. I think its quite telling that during that last online chat very few of the questions he answered had anything to do with his own music, I remember seeing all the questions that weren't being answered and a lot of them where along the lines of 'when are you going to produce another Amarok' etc ,etc.

I suppose we would like him to do it because it would be a laugh and its as close to chatting with the great man as we are ever likely to get, for him though I suppose he thinks he's got better things to do. Though having said that there are a few official sites that I've seen that do have have quite well put together Q+A sections. The Chemical Brothers official site for example has a huge Q+A section which is updated fairly regularly, and is all done in the name of having a bit of a laugh, something we know Mike isn't to adverse to. Maybe this would be an idea for his much needed new site, lets suggest it.
Profile PM 
2 replies since April 07 2003, 07:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net