Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Artwork from Australia., Original Drawings.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 02:26

And here is one of just the painting which should show more detail.

Tracy.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 07:47

Great work!

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 07:56

Wow TubularBelle, your brother's Tubular Bells painting is amazing :) .   Pity he's in Australia, otherwise I'd be tempted to ask him to do a painting for me   :) .

I love that image :) .

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Bubular Tells Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 10:44

That's a really nice painting, congratulations for your brother!
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 11:21

Great pictures tubularbelle  :)
I love the art work!!!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2005, 07:23

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Aug. 29 2005, 07:56)
Wow TubularBelle, your brother's Tubular Bells painting is amazing :) .   Pity he's in Australia, otherwise I'd be tempted to ask him to do a painting for me   :) .

I love that image :) .

Thanks guys.

Galadriel, I think you know this is my favourite picture of Mike obviously taken at the same time as the one you have chosen. I don't know if I would like it as much if it was in colour, I think the black and white makes his eyes more intense.

My brother has not done portraiture before but he has been talking about it giving it a try so I will be putting my order in first. I'm sure he would do it for you if you offered him enough. Recently he wanted to submit an entry for the Archibald Prize but you have to paint well known people and they have to sit for you. In all seriousness he asked me if I thought Nicole Kidman would sit for him!! I mean his stuff is good but......

Since doing the TB painting he has focused on paintings of asteroids, nebulas and star clusters etc he got from a book that had pictures taken millions of light years away. They are incredible. The last one he did was 4' by 5' and quite striking and included a hidden painting inside a painting. I think it spoils it a little but still a very good painting. Will post it soon.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2005, 08:52

This is my brother Johns latest painting, which has a painting within a painting, pretty easy to see even with the poor quality photograph. Next to it is the easel I gave him for his 40th birthday, had to return the favour after he gave me the TB painting for mine.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2005, 08:41

And here is a picture of the first 6 paintings he ever did about 10 years ago, not bad for a first effort, note the TB wrapped around the neck of the guitar. I apologise for the poor picture quality.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2005, 09:50

More Tubular Bells.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2005, 12:24

Fantastic stuff, all of it -- all these paintings -- it's like, wow, I'm in total awe... and the pictures of Mike are also from my favourite period, so I declare this one my favourite artwork thread ever :)

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2005, 03:24

Tubularbelle,you astound me with your brothers amazing artwork.

This page has been so entertaining to view & an enourmous amount of effort put in,not to mention the long hours of creating from both yourself and your brother in the first place.Big pat on the back for you both. :)
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 18:42

Quote (TubularBelle @ Sep. 05 2005, 01:46)
@ Galadriel, my brother said he would do a TB painting for you for $700 Aus, but he hasn't attempted portraiture yet. He thinks the black and white picture will be easier to do so he is going to try that one next, I am so excited! The compliments on here have certainly encouraged him so thanks everyone!

Sorry TubularBelle,

Just noticed  new replies to this topic. BTW  great artwork, I just think of all he hours work put into the paintings too.

Thanks to your brother TubularBelle,  how much is $700 Aus in Uk£?   I'd love the B&W portrait too   :), I'd be quite happy to settle for that one, it's one of my favourite photos of Mike    :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 04:04

$700 Aus is quite expensive but it is because he puts so much work into it and it takes him a long time, I could possibly talk him down in price over time. So you are more interested in a portrait than a TB painting? If that is the case I will post a picture as soon as he is finished it, he might find portraiture more difficult than what he has done in the past. Not sure of the exchange rate but just going by the cd, being 10pds which converted to $23 Aus, I am guessing around 300pds.

--------------
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2011, 09:39

Some great Artwork.....I can remember reading a few of Tracy's (TubularBelle) posts back when I was registered as Ommadawn or something or other....good to see the paintings mentioned in a more current link, it makes you wonder where these people have gone...I seem to remember Tracy was quite a prolific poster....amongst many others....anyway, some fond memories from way back in 2005 when I first lived in Australia.
Profile PM 
Branston P Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2012, 19:50

Quote (Hastengas @ Mar. 22 2011, 09:39)
Some great Artwork.....I can remember reading a few of Tracy's (TubularBelle) posts back when I was registered as Ommadawn or something or other....good to see the paintings mentioned in a more current link, it makes you wonder where these people have gone...I seem to remember Tracy was quite a prolific poster....amongst many others....anyway, some fond memories from way back in 2005 when I first lived in Australia.

Wull Tracy's still postin. She's done reached Berwick on Tweed. Trouble is she's putting up posters fer the Criseeeees gig at the Arena. She has trouble selling them now, coz they all think its a ticket to the pig sticking show. :p  :cool:

--------------
http://soundcloud.com/dunlooser
Profile PM 
34 replies since Feb. 28 2005, 18:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net