[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Art In Heaven single on Aug 26 in Spain< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Mige Iranzo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 02 2002, 13:38

In first place, hello everyone!!!

I remember darkstar said that a release for the USA is planed... It hasn´t done yet?

christopher, I also prefer the Tr3sLunas || than the original. It has by far more feeling... And I also prefer the Tr3sLunas || cover from http://www.connceptual.com/mo/ (it´s easy, I was the designer of those...) but I love also the original ones from Hans.

word to your mother

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2002, 22:15

Say Mige, let me be the first to congratulate and thank you on behalf of all MOfans (who probably all have dl'ed TL II).

OT, which program did you use to create these images?

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2002, 05:27

I would very much have liked the Berlin 2000 track to be on the single. It is an amazing guitar piece which knocks me out everytime I hear it. On the other topic of this topic  :O  :laugh: , it is very unfortunate that record companies don't publisise the album in more countries. That's funny, because the people they're advertising it to already know about it, while those of us in ohter countries are being ignored while we know nothering about the album. Based on the number of people posting in such topics as Aussie and US Mike oldfield fans, there would be a lot of people who would buy Mike Oldfield stuff over here. It's also strange that the promotion stopped over here (Australia) because Moonlight Shadow was huge over here, you would expect some further advertising. Oh well.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2002, 05:36

i see that the german, spanish and french radio edits of to be free are on it. i wonder if they will have the same singer or someone else, someone who can speak that language mabye.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
Manny Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2002, 17:44

Does anybody know if this single can be pre-ordered somewhere on the net?.  I ordered tbf remixes from Spain and it took two months to arrive to Venezuela so I'd like a place with courier shipment options. By the way: Mike, you are becoming very expensive to me!!!! :=).

ps. Please, can anyone convince Mike to release Berlin2000 (even on the net as a gift for the fans)?.  I've tried to decode it from the DVD but I can't make it sound good enough!
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2002, 11:42

Ok August 26th came and went and no one has made mention of the "Thou Art in Heaven" single CD.  Where you can get it... what it sounds like... where we can hear samples... etc... whats the deal????????  

Christopher
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2002, 15:34

Say Christopher, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one curious and impatient.

So where are our spanish cooperatives?

Has anyone even heard it yet?

I'd like to know what these remixes sound like.
(see Mike, there are fans who like them...)

So tell us  PLEASE

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2002, 00:00

Well Jael... according to the Pumpin Dolls Spanish website... it says something to the effect of "Shortly: Remixes of Thou Art in Heaven of Mike Oldfield on sale August 10th."  Obviously this is a typo or someone just forgot to update the site... or more than likely... since this Warner we are talking about... put simply, they forgot to put it out... oops! And yes that is sarcasm in my voice or typing as it were.  

So, where are the folks at Dark Star these days?  Not reading here anymore I suppose.  They say the remixes will be darker and more agressive... maybe like BT's remixes of LTBT I wonder!?  That'll be nice... since I really liked those remixes :)  

And another thought has crossed my mind... will the remake of TB be the death of Mike Oldfield's career... his goodbye into retirement... or is he planning to do something in the future not involving a Tubular Bell???  Maybe something not sounding like a New Age album and more like (i.e.  Amarok, Five Miles Out, Crises, Guitars) Something with a little more kick would be nice... but then again I'm not Mike and don't have any control over what he does... and frankly none of us should!!  It is his creativity... and just my opinions... so there you go! ;)  

Take it easy you lot

Christopher
Profile PM 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2002, 08:29

Here comes... the spanish!!!

lol

I finally had the single today and... it´s G R E A T, the single version is much better than the album one (much powerful percussion and without the saxo guitar) the Pumpin´ dolls remixes´re IMO one of the better Oldfield´s remixes that i´ve heard (they´re pretty similar of the Let There Be Light ones... but a little much darker) the Soultronik ones´re just OK, the only thing I like from those is when it sounds a sampled version of the original percussion with a little elektro feeling that sounds near the 5th minute...

ToBeFree versions... well, I can only critise the spanish version... I think Jude Sim´s spanish is worse than my english...(so you can imagine) a native singer may have do a better job, and not only the pronunciation is bad, the translation is worse.

Well, 42 minutes of good music for only 6€. GREAT!

(you can hear extracts and buy the single on: http://musica.elcorteingles.es/product....7509974 )

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2002, 07:12

I've just heard it...
and it sure sounds great.

And then I've looked up at elcorteingles how much it would cost to buy this single together with the To be free-remixes (also idicated as €6).
To get it to Holland would take an extra €13.-
Sooo, maybe next time I get to Spain.....

--------------
Profile PM 
29 replies since July 31 2002, 08:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net