Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Art In Heaven single on Aug 26 in Spain< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 31 2002, 08:50

The new single 'Thou Art In Heaven' will be released on Aug 26 in Spain (WEA-Warner Music Germany 0927 483732). Tracklist:
- Thou Art In Heaven (Radio Edit)
- Thou Art In Heaven (Pumpin' Dolls Vs. Mighty Mike Club Mix - Radio Edit)  4'39''
- Thou Art In Heaven (Soultronik-Stethoscope - Radio Edit)
- Thou Art In Heaven (Pumpin' Dolls Vs. Mighty Mike Club Mix)  9'50''
- Thou Art In Heaven (Soultronik-Stethoscope Mix)
- To Be Free (Spanish Version - Radio Edit)
- To Be Free (French Version - Radio Edit)
- To Be Free (German Version - Radio Edit)
Profile PM 
Manny Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 31 2002, 09:39

Any news about the tracklist?
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 10:22

COOL NEWS!!! Where is the original font???

Let´s hope for the original studio version of Art In Heaven.

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 10:26

It's from the newsletter you can subscribe to at http://www.mikeoldfield-treslunas.com/

There was a photo of the cover in the email (it's called Thou Art In Heaven The Remixes) but no tracklisting.
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 10:42

I can´t received the newsletter yet...

Well, I can tell you that single will have pumpin´dolls remixes, again: http://personal2.iddeo.es/bassboom/PDultimahora.html (man I really HATE those little faggots...)...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(lost hope in about 5 min)

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 11:03

Heeeeeeeeeeeeere comes again!!!

COMPACT DISC CD Single
WEA-WARNER MUSIC Alemania 0927 483732

Thou Art In Heaven (Radio Edit)
Thou Art In Heaven (Pumpin' Dolls Vs. Mighty Mike Club Mix - Radio Edit)  4'39''
Thou Art In Heaven (Soultronik-Stethoscope - Radio Edit)
Thou Art In Heaven (Pumpin' Dolls Vs. Mighty Mike Club Mix)  9'50''
Thou Art In Heaven (Soultronik-Stethoscope Mix)
To Be Free (Spanish Version - Radio Edit)
To Be Free (French Version - Radio Edit)
To Be Free (German Version - Radio Edit)

Well, I don´t like so much the content... At least is charged!!!

And here´s the cover:
http://www.geocities.com/pumpin_....ven.jpg

(Double dissapointment)

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 12:15

Is there anywhere that it can be preordered?
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 13:55

Well Well Well... this should be interesting.

Thou Art in Heaven Remixes... well let's hope that the original version from Berlin 2000 is in list! :) After all it was "supposed" to be released a long time ago... or so we were all lead to believe.  Thou Art in Heaven is one of the more techno underlining songs of the album... so it only should seem natural to become a remix... imo.  Kinda of a surprise really... I didn't think that Mike would pull another single from Tres Lunas.  Well... from someone who really likes techno... and the To Be Free Remixes... I look forward to this release! :)

Hopefully this time I won't have to download the single... like I did with To Be Free... I might actually be able to buy it in the shops!  Not likely though... that is what they get for not including America in his releases!!  Why care about the record companies when they obviously don't care about us!!!  Mike is not getting screwed out of money... only WEA... and they deserve to be screwed... after all we have been for years now!!!!  

And one last thing... I am aware that this is a "public" forum Olivier... however,  showing one's ignorance and lack of maturity is not appreciated by others... nor should it have any place here!!!  Go up four posting from mine and read about "HATE"... this person does not belong in the forums... acting in such a manner!!  

- Christopher
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 13:58

cristopher, look a few posts about...

Berlin 2000 ISN´T IN THE TRACKLIST...

I hope the radio version uses guitar samples from this...!!!

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 14:02

Will this be two CD singles or one EP? And could anyone possibly post the picture of the cover here - I'm sure many of us weren't aware of the Tres Lunas mailing list and so haven't seen it yet! Thankyou!

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Ramon
Unregistered

Posted: July 31 2002, 14:22

Hey Oliver,
the cover of the single is in the news section of www.mikeoldfield.org!
christopher Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 14:24

Oh my baggage... lol :P  for some reason I thought it was a sarcastic track list and not the real thing.

Well this should be an intersting single... probably more interesting than the To Be Free single!?!  

Btw... I tried to look at your image and it wouldn't come up.  Am I doing something wrong?  Yahoo says that the page I am looking for is unavailable.  

Thanks!

Christopher
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 14:24

Pumpin´ Dolls Vs. Mighty Mike ... ¬_¬

You can find the pic in: http://www.mikeoldfield.org/news/newsimages/thouartinheaven.jpg

In the pumpin´dolls webpage (www.pumpindolls.com) they said that it will be released on 10th August, but I personally give more credit to www.mikeoldfield.com...

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 14:28

Bloody Hell Tr3s Lunas... are you inside my computer???... you posted a reply by the time I had finished the messege! :)

Thanks!

Christopher
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 14:34

Maybe he chose(or the record company) Thou Art in Heaven since it´s linked to the Millennium Concert in Berlin...just guessing! :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 14:35

I´m watching you...!!!  :D

XDDDD

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: July 31 2002, 16:49

Hmm.. WEA Alemania - does this mean that we eventually will also have a release in Germany some day ?

P.S.:Shouldn't have asked for rain in the chat (been there as Opa_Dawn, though I'm hopefully still some years away from being 'Opa'=granpa :D ) - thunderstorm struck right into our diner BBQ  :(
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 20:51

This is ON and OFF topic...

You know it is getting a bit old that we in America and other parts of world are being left out on Mike's music... (i.e. Thou Art in Heaven single)!!!  I had to download the To Be Free single in order to get it cause no one was offering it here!  The way I look at it is this... when a record company screws fans... we screw back by downloading it and not paying for it!!  So, my suggestion to Mike and his record company is this... release the damn things for all to have or expect people who can't get it not to pay for it and just download it for FREE!!!  However I am more than willing to go the full way and pay for it!!  Is the record company willing????? ;)

Had to get this off my chest and what better place too! ;)  

I guess I will just have to pirate the next MO single too... oh well their loss!!

Christopher
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 23:38

You may find that it costs them less to let a few sales slip to pirating than it would to do a proper US release (which without a big marketing push, would probably not yield too many sales - it seems they feel they'd rather strengthen existing markets than break into new ones, although the fact that things have been rather slow off the ground in his 3rd largest market do make me wonder where they're headed)...

Businesses tend to cater for the majority (unless they're one of the kind that chases a niche market, but those are as few and far between as the customers they sell to). If you're not in that majority then you do end up having to look elsewhere for things...If the situation was different, then people would be happily playing Music VR on their Macs and Linux boxes and all of Mike's albums would be available in every one of the world's record shops (and with the same release date...).

Perhaps the reason that record companies don't command much respect is because they have a habit of pushing products that aren't worthy of respect.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2002, 12:31

Korgscrew :)

You have great points... I agree... but still I mean there is a lot of patential for something like Music VR and Tres Lunas here in the states.  The record companies may not see it... but everyone that I play Tres Lunas and the To Be Free Mixes for... absolutely loves it and wants a copy or asks where they can get it!  The unfortunate part is I have to tell them they have to get online and import it.  One thing I have heard in feedback... is that Tres Lunas II is FAR BETTER than the official release... and I really have to agree with that!!!  The playing on the official album is lacking the MO touch unlike the music from the game... imo.  

Maybe I should be Mike's promoter here in the states!?  I take To Be Free and the mixes to clubs and radio stations and try to get them to play it... so Mike will have a voice again in America :)  

All the Best you lot :)

Christopher
Profile PM 
29 replies since July 31 2002, 08:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net